PDA

View Full Version : Plugin latency

Eric
08-29-2005, 02:16 PM
I know there's no auto-latency adjustment for vst, outside of the JMS one. But what if I use a vst to direct x wrapper? Is the latency then adjusted inside of SAW since it's seeing direct X? Is the any drawbacks to doing it this way?
Thanks-
Eric

AudioAstronomer
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
The answer is yes, that will work. I think it's kludgy.

THE answer is to just use native saw plugins ;) but seems some of you folks are too fancy for that :p

Eric
08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
The answer is yes, that will work. I think it's kludgy.
Kludgy, how? Is it better to wrap them and have the latenct compensated or keep them as vst and use the jms plug.

THE answer is to just use native saw plugins but seems some of you folks are too fancy for that
Some day, when I grow up, I hope I can be as cool as you. :D ;)

AudioAstronomer
08-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Kludgy, how? Is it better to wrap them and have the latenct compensated or keep them as vst and use the jms plug.

Some day, when I grow up, I hope I can be as cool as you. :D ;)

DX is just weird imo, but it's fun. I dont know.

and it's alright, you will be cool as me someday. If you're game, Ill hook you up hardcore with plugs... Once anwida comes out with their new native plugins, I maybe selling some of my other natives. I LOVE anwida's compressor and EQ's.

Eric
08-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Once anwida comes out with their new native plugins,
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Can you elaborate a little more?

AudioAstronomer
08-29-2005, 06:17 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Can you elaborate a little more?

Gasp! Have I said too much???

Use the search function my padawan learner.

Eric
08-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Gasp! Have I said too much???

Use the search function my padawan learner.
:D
Cool, I found the thread. That's awesome! Makes me want to get into the game even more! I'll have to sort through some of my vst's and see what I can get rid of. Frankly, I'm getting real hyped about what's available natively. And to be able to use automation on them like only SAWstudio can is a great plus. Automating plugs in other programs is a big pain in the 'object'. ;)

Tree Leopard
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Frankly, I'm getting real hyped about what's available natively. And to be able to use automation on them like only SAWstudio can is a great plus. Automating plugs in other programs is a big pain in the 'object'. ;)Going wild with the natives is the ONLY way. ;) The JMS Compressor is my latest "discovery". With the in-built hi-rez EQ / sidechain features you can get some very pleasing results on percussion, voice... well, anything. Top notch stuff.

Andre

olzzon
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM
If i need a VST plugin like SIR, i use it wrapped with sonars VST-DX wrapper, and then it automaticly compensates.

BUT i have experienced that when using SPITFISH this way, then automate volume on the track where it´s inserted will click. So in some situations i use the VST instead. Just so you are aware, might be this only plug, or others too.

Eric
08-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks Olzzon, That's good to know.