PDA

View Full Version : ASIO setup issue - Left side only of pairs...

jawftw
08-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Hello,

I'm considering the purchase of SAWStudio Basic for the purpose of live recording (I currently use SONAR for this and I've downloaded the SAWStudio Demo) and I was having some challenges with the Audio Driver Setup.

I'm using the EMU 1616m hardware in ASIO mode and SAWStudio will only allow me to choose the LEFT side of each stereo pair. For example: I would like ASIO driver 1 to be assigned to Track 1, then ASIO driver 2 to be assigned to Track 2. But, for some reason, SAWStudio only recognizes the Left side of each pair. The drop-down list shows ASIO driver 1, ASIO driver 3, ASIO driver 7, and so on.... It SHOULD read ASIO driver 1, ASIO driver 2, and so on.

In SONAR, the ASIO drivers show up as expected. The same for Samplitude.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I really would like this to work for me; as SAWStudio would provide a much beefier recording engine - with much less CPU consumption...

Thanks for the help,
Bill J.

AudioAstronomer
08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Sawstudio recognizes inputs in Pairs. When you actually goto record you can select mono, or stereo.

Try to record, and the input section of your input meters, you can select mono inputs.

there are all there :)

jawftw
09-01-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks for that. I got it working!

I suppose I had a "blonde moment"....http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Blessings,
Bill J.

Pedro Itriago
09-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Not an issue as long as you're "legally blonde" :p

Thanks for that. I got it working!

I suppose I had a "blonde moment"....http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

Blessings,
Bill J.

AudioAstronomer
09-01-2005, 08:12 AM
some of us here are blond.... *ahem*

Then again, im a man! Im immune to stupidity! :p :D

Pedro Itriago
09-01-2005, 09:17 AM
I used to be reaaaaally blonde, but time made me smarter ....errrr made my hair darker

some of us here are blond.... *ahem*

Then again, im a man! Im immune to stupidity! :p :D