PDA

View Full Version : Midiman 8x8/s & SAW

Tim Kepner
07-14-2004, 12:11 PM
Recently found a new beta serial driver on the MAudio site for the MidiSport 8x8/s interface. Seems to work very well with Sonar, but not at all with SAWStudio. I/O does show up properly in the midi device setup, but the computer does not talk to the interface from SAW.
Anyone have any ideas?
I'm hoping to get a little tighter sync with less latency by using a serial driver.
Don't use Midiworkshop, only the functions for external control surface.

Bob L
07-14-2004, 12:15 PM
SAWStudio sends the Controller data down as Midi Long Messages. Some midi drivers seem to ignore those functions and only respond to Midi Short Messages.

You would have to find out from the driver developers if that is the case.

I use Long Messages for much better performance.

But, just to make sure there really is a problem or not... be certain that after you have assigned the ports in the Midi Device Setup, that you load a midi control template and then activate the Midi Control IN and Out options in the Smpte/Midi menu... these are not active by default. No data will be sent to the controllers unless these options are activated.

Bob L

Tim Kepner
07-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Aha .... I'm reconfiguring the system from scratch admist all this and probably forgot to load a template file into my new prf.
Thanks for the reminder - will let you and MAudio know if there is still a problem.

earthpig
07-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Is that the driver from March 7, 2003 version 4.1.21 ?

I am useing that m-audio driver with my midisport 8x8 on the usb interface and so far its worked great with saw.
:)