PDA

View Full Version : Cue Sheet Generator Updated to v1.9

Jon Marshall Smith
07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've finished up a new update to the Cue Sheet Generator, new features and bug fixes... Here's the features:

+ The entire cuesheet setup can now be saved and loaded from the 'Disc' screen
+ Cuesheets can now be generated with no audio files; also on the 'Disc' screen. Generating a cuesheet without audio does not require a 'Build Mix' operation.
+ The audio files' filenames are now fully customizable using a set of escape codes on the 'Settings' page. Note that these customized filenames are passed to LACE as well, so that your MP3/Ogg filenames can correspond to your CD-Text title entries.

There's also a bunch of bug fixes. BTW I'm hoping to work through all of my stuff before I have to go out on tour again, so look for updates to pretty much everything in the next few weeks (months?!).

-Jon Marshall Smith
-stuff for SAW at http://www.jms-audioware.com

Bob L
07-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Jon,

Great to have you back... hope the tour was a success.

Bob L

Carey Langille
07-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Jon, You guys are hot, you must be a millionaire by now, they play that song EVERYWHERE!! ;) Glad to see you're back for a bit at least....

Perry
07-15-2004, 08:29 PM
WOW! Thank you Jon!

These are very cool updates! You're a real trooper to stay on top of this and give us all these upgrades with all that's going on with you. VERY much appreciated! And all the best to you! :)

Perry

TotalSonic
07-16-2004, 05:29 AM
Jon -
Awesome to see you here. Thanks so much for the update!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Carlos Mills
07-16-2004, 05:41 AM
Hi Everyone,

+ Cuesheets can now be generated with no audio files; also on the 'Disc' screen. Generating a cuesheet without audio does not require a 'Build Mix' operation.
http://www.jms-audioware.com

Hi Jon,

Great to see you around!
Pardon my ignorance, but what is it for? (...generate cuesheets without audio?)

TIA and warmest regards,

Carlos

Jon Marshall Smith
07-16-2004, 07:15 AM
Hi Jon,

Great to see you around!

TIA and warmest regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Umm... I have no idea what this is for :) I went through my folder of emails and looked at every request I have ever had for features, and tried to implement all that I could. That one was requested by three different people... hey, wait, you were one of them! (Just kidding).

I imagine it would be useful for changing CD-Text without having to wait through a lengthy rebuild, once the project has been built once (just don't base your filenames on said CD-Text or you're in trouble!). Or moving around track markers after the fact, if the project was built using the 'One Big File' option. It definitely made debugging the new filenaming scheme a lot easier!

Hopefuly it won't become a can of worms... I've used it myself a few times already, but it definitely requires an understanding of what's going on beneath the surface. I believe in giving the user lots of rope, especially if they ask for it!

Tchau,

Jon

Carl G.
07-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Jon,
A truly GREAT compressor!
Thanks!
Carl G.

Dave Labrecque
07-19-2004, 10:47 AM
Carlos
You can also make mix changes to an individual song or two without having to rebuild them all.

Or, if you lost or messed up the original cue sheet, you can generate another without rebuilding all the audio.

I'm sure there are other uses...