PDA

View Full Version : Hotkeys for saw

olzzon
09-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi everyone

I have made some hotkeys that i use. Everyone can feel free to use them as they want.

I have 3 reasons for making these hotkeys:

1: There are some hotkeys controls that i like to have in all windows, like Locate.

2: I like the keys to be left hand only, so that i don´t have to move my hand from the mouse all the time.

3: There are some functions i wan´t to expand, like wheel scroll in Exploded view, and stop on time when auto rewind is

activated.

-All the hotkeys are made with the WIN keys, so that it don´t interfere with Bob´s keyboard layout. (I have looked at that key for so many years without having any use for it :))

-I´ve made all the functions as simple as possible (not checking whether Saw is running) so it uses as little CPU as possible.

-I only use SAWlite, so full SAW users mays want to change the Exploded view function to be used in other views.

-I´ve tried avoiding mouse scripts as these can change from setup to setup, but needed it in the Start stop funtion and set locator, as there current is no hotkeys from setting locators in SAW. (I would really like to see that one day, like with the new Tranzport)

-It uses AutoHotKey from autohotkey.com which is freeware.

Here´s the list.

Win + F1-F4 Goto locate 1-4
Win ctrl F1-F4 Set locate 1-4
Win + 1-5 Jump to hotzones in Exploded view (likeEq, Aux, Comp etc)
Win + S Save session as
Win + space Stop at current position, and center time (it uses locate 30 to mark stop so don´t use it for anything else)

Win + z Turn hottrack down 1 dB
Win shift z Turn hottrack down .25 dB
Win ctrl z Turn hottrack down 3 dB
Win + x Turn hottrack up 1 dB
Win shift x Turn hottrack up 1 dB
Win ctrl x Turn hottrack up 1 dB

-Win Mouse wheel Next/Previous track IN ALL WINDOWS.(depends how the MT wheel behaveiour is set, otherwise it functions a Zoom, but could easily be changed to reference to fullmix instead)
-Win LeftClick Gives 4 clicks (for turning up 1 Db in mixer, like the aux sends)
-win Ctrl LeftClick Gives 12 clicks (3dB in auxsend)

Win D Move Last active Native Plug away from screen
Win F Move Last Actuve Native Plug to the center of the screen
Win shift D Move Last active Vst Plug away from screen
Win shift F Move Last Actuve Vst Plug to the center of the screen
Win ctrl D Move Last active Dx Plug away from screen
Win ctrl F Move Last Actuve Dx Plug to the center of the screen

Win Q Jump to first track (works in every window, like when you´re in the plugin window )
Win W Jump to the last track

If you can use it, please PM your mailadress, and i´ll send it to you.
There is ofcause no warranty to it :)

This is just my way of working, and i have no attempt to say that this is THE way of doing it.

Good Sawing
Best Regard
Kasper Anhøj
Odense
Denmark

olzzon
09-16-2005, 02:39 PM
I´ve uploaded the file to my homepage
it´s
www.olzzon.dk

And yes i know it´s the worst homepage on the net :-)'

mako
09-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks olzzon - I'll give it a try when I get back after the weekend.

cheers

mako

olzzon
09-16-2005, 08:58 PM
3: There are some functions i wan´t to expand, like wheel scroll in Exploded view, and stop on time when auto rewind is activated.

Well, now Bob has made the scroll in the explodedmixer, THANKS.
It´s so nice with these small updates, that keeps comming from him.
And let me say that i really like the hotkeys from bob.

Thanks bob for a great great program, you can look at these hotkeys, as my wishes for things to come. :)