PDA

View Full Version : VNC or PCanywhere usable with Basic?

uukay
09-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Can VNC or any other remote control program work with SawStudio basic. I am aware of the TCP/IP implementation in Lite and above. Need to sit with the audience and control sound via laptop and wireless connection. Live venue controlling mixer. What other problems could exist with this approach?

AudioAstronomer
09-23-2005, 10:02 PM
ultra VNC works best for this application.

ffarrell
09-24-2005, 08:07 AM
I use www.radmin.com (http://www.radmin.com) and like it.

thanks
fvf

Bill Park
09-24-2005, 08:37 AM
I use www.radmin.com (http://www.radmin.com/) and like it.

thanks
fvf

Frank,

Are you using it from the monitor rig, or FOH, or just somewhere in the audience? Are you using it in halls like our Heinz Hall? Any interference from existing networks or other wireless gack?

(oh.. are you going to AES?)

Bill

AudioAstronomer
09-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Radmin is much much faster than any vnc for sure, but it costs$$ :) Better choice for most imo, but ultraVNC is my pick so I can use saw from one of my 'better' (nonwindows) desktops

ffarrell
09-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Frank,

Are you using it from the monitor rig, or FOH, or just somewhere in the audience? Are you using it in halls like our Heinz Hall? Any interference from existing networks or other wireless gack?

(oh.. are you going to AES?)

Bill

Hi Bill

I use it for controlling my home server from the road and getting files as I need them but one could use it to do what was asked so I gave the link.

If you wanted to us it in your system I would not go wireless with it.

I can't make AES this year but would love to go.

How are you doing? Keeping Busy?

thanks
fvf

rbhsjr
09-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Maybe I'm cheap, but if you're using windows xp - the remote desktop feature works great for me live. I've used it for about three months now and it's wonderful and easy.

Rutherford

Bill Park
09-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Bill

How are you doing? Keeping Busy?

thanks
fvf

Stupid busy. There should be two or three of me.

Bill

rdubost
09-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey all :)

Maybe I'm cheap, but if you're using windows xp - the remote desktop feature works great for me live. I've used it for about three months now and it's wonderful and easy.

This looks perfect for me as well; plus you can tweak it to launch a concurrent session.

I might be wrong, but RA doesn't seem as secure as advertised....

Naturally Digital
09-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey all :)

This looks perfect for me as well; plus you can tweak it to launch a concurrent session.

I might be wrong, but RA doesn't seem as secure as advertised....If you're looking for security, there are better choices out there perhaps... However, one of the downsides to using RA is the security IMO. You are forced to enable a network logon on all the machines. I didn't want that.

If security *isn't* your concern, then it's worth having a look at a software KVM. Kavoom is pretty good.