PDA

View Full Version : Attn: JMS - Metronome update wishes!

TotalSonic
07-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey Jon! -
In case you've been considering making a Metronome 1.5 update before your next tour -

Things I'd really love to see would be:
*) ability to track tempo map changes correctly!!

*) improved Midi Clock/SPP generator timing based on the new API hook for the MWS timing that Bob created (instead of the meter update hook that I believe it's using now)

*) pseudo "drum machine" ability to load say up to 4-8 different samples and use a simple grid like you have currently to sequence patterns. Sure we can use a VSTi to do this also - but it might be nice to expand what is already there in the code so that setting this up in SAW is more of a no-brainer.

The other plugin updates I'd love to see would be
Buss Extension:
*) cooler look for the gui - and more importantly - automation!!!

FX Linker:
*) an automateable bypass switch

Anyway - thanks so much for making cool tools for SAW!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Jon Marshall Smith
07-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey Steve, I'm on it... I think the Metronome is the next plug-in on deck and I'll try to work in your requests -- except the 'drum machine' ability. I really want to develop that one independently. Why isn't there more time?

Hey Jon! -
In case you've been considering making a Metronome 1.5 update before your next tour -

Things I'd really love to see would be:
*) ability to track tempo map changes correctly!!

*) improved Midi Clock/SPP generator timing based on the new API hook for the MWS timing that Bob created (instead of the meter update hook that I believe it's using now)

*) pseudo "drum machine" ability to load say up to 4-8 different samples and use a simple grid like you have currently to sequence patterns. Sure we can use a VSTi to do this also - but it might be nice to expand what is already there in the code so that setting this up in SAW is more of a no-brainer.

The other plugin updates I'd love to see would be
Buss Extension:
*) cooler look for the gui - and more importantly - automation!!!

FX Linker:
*) an automateable bypass switch

Anyway - thanks so much for making cool tools for SAW!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Itd just be nice if the metronome picked up the tempo properly in the newer versions of SAW.

Can you release a quick bugfix for this ? Bob said there was some small changes... If you load the plugin, it does not pick up the current tempo, if you change the tempo it does not pick up the current tempo... you have to set the tempo a second time :)

Thanks! This plugin is invaluable for me!

Bob L
07-21-2004, 09:27 PM
The tempo hooks missing in Jon's plugin are not his fault... those hooks were not documented in the current API docs.

I have done serious work in those areas as I got the MWS engine out the door... I still have not had the time to document the myriad of API changes that Jon would need to hook the tempo like the MWS.

Hopefully as soon as I get 3.8 out the door.

Bob L

mghtx
07-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Steve Berson, I tried to email you from your site and the link takes me to the yahoo log-in page. I need info from you, so, can you give your email here?

Thanks.

TotalSonic
07-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Steve Berson, I tried to email you from your site and the link takes me to the yahoo log-in page. I need info from you, so, can you give your email here?

Thanks.

hmmm - sorry about the trouble - I'm in the midst of updating the Total Sonic Media website as nearly all of it is out of date but I've been so busy at work recently that I haven't had the time!

You can reach me directly at steve@NOSPAMtotalsonicmedia.com

(just remove the "NOSPAM")

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Naturally Digital
07-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Hey Jon,

Is there any chance of getting the gain resolution on your HiResEQ changed to 0.1db? Generally 0.5db is enough resolution for me but I recently had a situation where I needed lower.

Thanks,
Dave.