PDA

View Full Version : "select" everything after specific point : Multitrack

Nigel Robson
10-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Hi
Working on a file with many small regions going way down below my screen res (tracks 30+) and sometimes have to shift all regions forward to accomodate either an extra silence or a new entry.
Is there a quick way to select everything after a certain point other than individually selecting each region then to move all together?
thanks
Nigel

MMP
10-18-2005, 04:15 AM
Hit S for select and then the "end" key It will select everything on the track to the last. Also, you can select a range by holdong the alt key and selecting the first and last regions. "home" will select from where you start the select to the beginning. There are other modifiers to select mode that are very useful. Dare I suggest a look at the manual?

Regards,

MM

Nigel Robson
10-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Thanks Michael, I have already found selecting for a particular track, what I can't seem to do even with Select and then alt-click final region in lowest track, is something that guarantees that I haven't missed a little region further on or lower down. I suppose I wondered if I could avoid searching in a multitrack project that is very complicated.

Agree about manual, always a cool suggestion. It's good to ask questions too though.

Nigel

MMP
10-18-2005, 04:42 AM
Select, Cntrl End will select everything from the selected region to the end on all tracks below. So, move the track with the first region to the top to select everything from a point to the end on all tracks.

Another function to research is slip track. This allows you to move everything on selected tracks within a marked area, together.

Regard,

MM

Bob L
10-18-2005, 06:43 AM
You can also simply place the cursor and press Shift-End to mark an area from that position to the end... then use the Slip Track function with the Ctrl key to move all tracks.

There are many many ways to navigate and select and mark entries and areas... the best way to learn them is to spend an hour or two and read thru the helpfile from front to back. :)

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
10-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Another method not mentioned is (in select mode) dragging down and to the right across desired regions to select 'em. In the situation you describe, though (if I'm understanding you right), I enter select mode, select the earliest, upper-most region and use the ctrl-end keys. If there are any regions below that I wanted selected, but which didn't get selected because they start a little earlier than my "key" region, I go down and select 'em.