PDA

View Full Version : re-naming track/microsoft error/is it a bug?

PaulH
10-21-2005, 04:34 PM
hi,
i had this problem on a couple of my songs so far. when i go to change the name of the track (i.e. from "bass vocal" to "high vocal") as soon as i type it in the box and click on it, a microsoft error comes up and it exits the program and i lose work i haven't saved (this time i saved before i did it!) i have sawbasic, is it a bug in my program?
thanks,
paul

Sam C
10-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Paul, I do not have basic. But.......I have never heard anyone talk about this error you get. As often as track names get changed I am making the assumption that it is not a SAW bug.

Bob L
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
I have seen dialogs affected by certain plugins before... even if they are not active in the edl... I have noticed this type of problems with the VSampler plugin... are you running that by chance... if so... try taking the dll out of the VSTPlugins folder and see if the problem goes away.

Otherwise... perhaps something in your Windows setup is causing the problem... did you try my suggested Windows tweaks... you can find them in the Misc download section of my website.

Bob L

PaulH
10-21-2005, 06:44 PM
oops. the error reads:

sawbasic.exe has encountered a problem. any thoughts on that one?

Dave Labrecque
10-21-2005, 09:44 PM
oops. the error reads:
sawbasic.exe has encountered a problem. any thoughts on that one?

Sounds like a very generic Windows error message, shedding no light on the particular cause.

Bob L
10-21-2005, 11:32 PM
If a standard Windows function has been corrupted (as mentioned above)... the error will read as you stated because SAWStudio is the program that made the function call that crashed... even though it may very well likely be the Windows function that is corrupt.

The dialog message stuff is a very generic Windows function call... there has been no other reported problems about this label editing.

Bob L