PDA

View Full Version : OT- PC Optimization

Dingo
07-19-2004, 08:56 AM
Can some of you guys share what you're doing to squeeze the most out of your PC? I've turned off or set to manual a bunch of services, uninstalled messenger yet I still have a few more things running than I would like. I'd hear what everyone else does to get the most out of their PC.

Carey Langille
07-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Dont forget to turn off Autorestore... It eats up precious resourses...

Dingo
07-19-2004, 09:51 AM
where would that be located?

AudioAstronomer
07-19-2004, 09:58 AM
If I were you Id make sure to look into hardware profiles if you will be modifying services.

Most everything you need will be in administrative tools, system, and a few flags here and there in the basic ini and bat files.

Also safe mode is your friend if you want to start hackin away getting rid of explorer. I suggest for true optimization, running liteshell.

on my DAW as I have it now, there are a total of 6 processes running with SAW going for a total of about 10-15mb used. I have a seperate hardware profile and login setup as a normal XP install in case I encounter a bug in a plugin or SAW so I can sanity check in a proper environment.

it can be done, but actually posting every step here would take me hours! if not days... I wouldnt mind hopping through a series of PM's or emails to talk you through it, but there's some things that are a bit complicated for a forum environment.

anyways... today's mission is fighting with Restorator which is crashing like crash and wont let me finish my shade.