PDA

View Full Version : OT: Steven Berson plays Tucson

Dave Labrecque
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Got a note from Mark S. yesterday that Steve's quartet, Invert, was playing in Tucson that night! The wife and I went down to check it out. When we arrived, Steve and a string-mate were just coming out the front door to go catch the end of game three before they went on. Boys will be boys.

Got to talk to him for a few minutes before they took the stage. Very nice fellow, and an audio geek to the end. Like me. :) And can that boy play the cello!

The show was killer. Very tight, mostly "up-tempo" (in a Phillip Glass kinda way) avante garde stuff (or as Steve describes it, "weird"). If you have a chance to see the show, don't miss it.

Sadly, we had to take off before I could re-connect with Steve. I wish him the best on the remainder of the tour (we were the second stop).

Favorite Steven Berson trivia: he was in a group called "SAW" before he'd even heard of an up 'n' coming audio program of the same name.

Special thanks to Rebecca for smiling pleasantly as Steve and I droned on about audio stuff. :cool:

Mark Stebbeds
10-26-2005, 04:49 PM
When we arrived, Steve and a string-mate were just coming out the front door to go catch the end of game three before they went on.

It's a good thing he didn't. You'd be there all night before the band went on.

Mark

Bruce Callaway
10-27-2005, 02:28 AM
I wonder if his tour includes Australia...........sure..... ;)