View Full Version : Feature Request: Multiple Extract Region Markers

tuxcode
11-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Bob,
Would it be possible to add the ability to add multiple begin/end region markers to facilitate creating multiple edls in one pass. Also, I am envisioning an option to support automatically moving the regions to the beginning of the timeline. I have been working on a 3 hour 8 track live recording (34 songs total). The method that I am using is as follows:

1. Mark the beginning of the song (B)
2. Mark the end of the song (E)
3. Extract session
4. Slip the new regions to the beginning of the timeline
5. Open recent... selecting the previous project
6. Repeat

If there is a better, less time consuming way to do this, I'd love to hear about.

Thanks,
Jason

tuxcode
11-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Bob,
A couple other features that would be nice is:

1. Unlimited markers/locate points
2. Viewing markers/locate points on the timeline in the MT view
3. A window, available in the view menu, to be saved in the "F-views", which would display all locate points/names.

Bob L
11-06-2005, 09:26 AM
You are doing the extractions correctly for now.

For unlimited markers with names and a listbox view... try using the Control Track View... set an FKey with the Control Track View in full display... you now have unlimited listable markers... called Cue Locations.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
For unlimited markers with names and a listbox view... try using the Control Track View... set an FKey with the Control Track View in full display... you now have unlimited listable markers... called Cue Locations.Ever since it's been mentioned on this forum, I've been using this technique. It generally works quite well. One of the things that would be nice is the ability to rename Cue locations without cue'ing that particular marker. I know this defeats the purpose of the Cue track but if there were a way to handle the renaming without affecting the playback, that would be nice.