PDA

View Full Version : Live Recording and file size

Burkeville
05-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Hello,
I have been doing some live recording and the conductor does not want to stop for me to rename the tracks so the files aren't 75 minutes long.
Is there a FAST way to do this? I stop, and save session under a different name but then I have to put everything in record ready again. It seems like hours with a full concert hall.

Thank you.

Nice Forum Bob, Thanks

matt
05-24-2004, 03:24 AM
I haven't tested it, but you might want to: open several Saw programs, create unique sessions in each, minimize all but the one currently in use, and record the entire performance with only a few seconds lost between songs while hitting stop, switching "SAWs" and hitting record again.

Sebastian Eskildsen
05-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi

I call my tracks for eg. "MAIN AB 1"
"PIANO MS 1" and so on,

and then I just change the number from 1 to 2, this
way you can do it under 30 sek.

Sebastian Eskildsen

Bob L
05-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Here are a couple of my favorite ways to quickly control session tracks during the recording process:

1) Create the main session in its own folder... Label your basic record tracks, such as Kick, Snare... etc... Arm all of your record tracks, which will pick up the session name and path and track label name... Start recording... Now after the first song, or x amount of the concert, if you want to change record files for each track, while still keeping the whole concert in its one main session, stop recording, then click on the Record Setup zone on the Record Transport... simply change the base filename... click on it and add an underscore 1 or A or whatever... notice all track filenames will be instantly updated to new filenames... now you simply start recording again and all tracks will record to the new set of files for this song or concert section... simple and fast.

2) Create the main session in its own folder... Label your basic record tracks, such as Kick, Snare... etc... Arm all of your record tracks, which will pick up the session name and path and track label name... If you now close the record meters while pressing the Ctrl-Key, you will create a record template of the whole record assignment... Now after the first song, or x amount of the concert, if you want to change session paths to a new session folder, stop recording, and close the record meters with one click and save/update the session... then save the session as a new session in its own new folder with the new song name... now re-open all the meters at once from the template by Ctrl-Left-Clicking on any record track... if you click on the Record Setup zone on the Record Transport, you will notice all track filenames are now pointing to new files in the new session folder path... now you simply start recording again and all tracks will record to the new set of files in the new session folder... simple and fast again.

Two different methods with different results, but both very fast to accomplish.

Bob L

Burkeville
05-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Those methods work very well. Thanks Bob. Very Fast.

Sebastian Eskildsen
05-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks Bob

I havenĀ“t thought about doing it in the rec. setup - smart.

Sebastian Eskildsen :p