PDA

View Full Version : Recent List - Showing DATES

Carl G.
11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
Bob,
Would it be possible to have the "Recent Session Filelist" to show Dates (DD/MM/YY)?

Ian Alexander
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Carl,
This is a nice idea. I already have this "feature" because each day, I start a new folder. Today's is 051110. All the client folders for today are in it. Makes it easy to back up. Just drag that folder to the CDR at the end of the day. Side benny is that the dates show up on the recent list.

Carl G.
11-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Carl,
This is a nice idea. I already have this "feature" because each day, I start a new folder. Today's is 051110. All the client folders for today are in it. Makes it easy to back up. Just drag that folder to the CDR at the end of the day. Side benny is that the dates show up on the recent list.
Well... that does make sense... for 'one night stands' :) but often I'm working on projects that span weeks and the fragmentation/duplicate backups would be unecessary work for me when I need a development trail of all revisions in one EDL.

Ian Alexander
11-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Well... that does make sense... for 'one night stands' :) but often I'm working on projects that span weeks and the fragmentation/duplicate backups would be unecessary work for me when I need a development trail of all revisions in one EDL.
It's true. When a project spans more than one day, as they often do, I have to save the EDL again in the new day's folder. That means that any new audio recorded for that project is in the new day's folder, too. Otherwise, my backup regimen wouldn't work. And the only thing duplicated is the EDL, although it has evolved each day. EDL undos still work, though, because the audio files don't move. In fact, it makes it easy to review what you did on a particular day, because you can go back and look at how the EDL ended that day. Works for me, but YMMV. :)

Veit Kenner
11-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Carl,

you could use Ian's suggestion with the EDLs name. Save the EDL starting with the date each day into the same folder. That way you can track back, what you did on which day but all audio stays within the project folder.

Not quite what you've been asking for, but maybe a quick solution :-)

Veit

Bob L
11-11-2005, 06:33 AM
I'll look into adding dates to the Recent List and see how it goes.

Bob L