PDA

View Full Version : Glad about SS

Carl G.
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I just watched a series of videos on PT.
'My mamma done told me.....'
So I ain't got nuttin' to say :)

Pedro Itriago
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Forgive my extreme density, but could you elaborate on this?

spiritman
12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Allow me Carl?

SAW is ssssoooo sssmmmmmooooottttthhhhhhh .

It's simply "THE BEST"

Mark Stebbeds
12-05-2005, 09:08 PM
You guys should get a room, and express your love as only true unconditional lovers can. :D :D :D

Mark

Carl G.
12-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Forgive my extreme density, but could you elaborate on this?
Pedro... I just didn't want to sound like I was bashing bash Pro Tools... that's all...because I know top pros here use it. (If you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all).

Actually... I was checking GoogleEarth... for places I used to live...
and found as a kid I used to live 1/2 mile from where Digidesign's building now is.
Thought I'd view their videos to be more aware of what's new...
But after watching their videos, I see how much more I'm glad I chose the SS road. Nothing more...nothing less.

Pedro Itriago
12-06-2005, 04:50 AM
(taking off my propeller hat) - aahhhh

Mountain Media
12-07-2005, 05:50 AM
SAW is ssssoooo sssmmmmmooooottttthhhhhhh .

It's simply "THE BEST"

Gotta do a little SS brag! Just finished a full CD of Contemporary Christian music working with a mixer who's background has been PT and hi-end consoles with automation - never SS. After many hours (days, actually) moving SS buttons and cursor to his commands (he's mixed for many well known recording groups over about 40 years), he was 'blown away' (his words, not mine). The mixer, along with the producer, did a small (one song) A/B by moving the same files from Alesis HD24 (where they were recorded) I used in SS, to PT and remixing on an ICON-controlled PT system (full blown at about $110K-$120K) because the mixer had used the system previously. Bottomline, NO comparison, and they could not even MAKE the track come close to the 'openness' and spacial feel of SS (mastered ONLY with SS Levelizer and Sonoris PL Eq). Even by playing both tracks, one from SS and other from PT, in each of the control rooms (same CD player used in each) the PT mixed/mastered didn't hold up in EITHER envoirnment, when compared to the SS mixed/mastered - and this was the opinion of a long-time mixer who's worked with PT for years!! Pretty impressive, Bob!!

It was done without my having much knowledge of mixing of studio produced rock-and-roll, which this was, though known as Contemporary Christian;) . I just used cursor and buttons to make SS do what mixer wanted. All but one selection were over 24 tracks, and some as many as 40+. Other than the Levelizer and Sonoris PL Eq on mastering, I used BBE Sonic Maximizer on some vocals and a couple different ANWIDA Spazio settings for verb on instruments and vocals - oh, and Bob's Echo/Delay plug in 'Cross' mode for B3 and some strings. All other settings were from built-in EQ and Compression.

Thank the Lord for standing by us on this project, and for SAWStudio!!

Bruce Callaway
12-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Pretty impressive and congratulations on the album.

Pedro Itriago
12-07-2005, 09:06 AM
This was obviously a very nice experience. Thanks a bunch for sharing it

Bob L
12-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Those are the kind of stories we love to hear... of course. :)

Bob L

AudioAstronomer
12-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Those are the kind of stories we love to hear... of course. :)

Bob L

Im sure if you heard all the stories you'd be so busy reading we'd never get 4.0!

Just me alone I could talk for days, nearly every session I have a "OHH YEAH" moment that stems directly from my software of choice (sawstudio).

It happens with other gear and software sometimes of course as well, but never so common and with so much fervor and excitement does it happen as with saw.

Dave Labrecque
12-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Im sure if you heard all the stories you'd be so busy reading we'd never get 4.0!

Just me alone I could talk for days, nearly every session I have a "OHH YEAH" moment that stems directly from my software of choice (sawstudio).

It happens with other gear and software sometimes of course as well, but never so common and with so much fervor and excitement does it happen as with saw.

And then there are my dual-monitor-virgin clients who gasp in amazement at my mouse pointer going from one screen to the other. :p

Mark Stebbeds
12-07-2005, 04:17 PM
And then there are my dual-monitor-virgin clients who gasp in amazement at my mouse pointer going from one screen to the other. :p

WOW, can you do that?

mghtx
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Those are the kind of stories we love to hear... of course.

YES!! Great story. I love to hear tales such as this. A "one man show" beating the big corporate monster. Fantastic.

Mountain Media
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM

WOW, can you do that?

Yeah - but only if she has dual-monitors!! :eek: