PDA

View Full Version : Handling wmv

AudioAstronomer
12-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Best way to get wmv into saw?

MikeDee
12-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry...thought it was wma. :) I was gonna say dbPowerAmp.

For wmv to avi, I use PureMotion's EditStudio5...very good results.

Best personal regards,

Bob L
12-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Riverquest Video Cleaner may also do the conversions for you.

Bob L

Tree Leopard
12-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Hi Bob - River Past Video Cleaner... but Riverquest is more poetic! :)
http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/videocleaner/index.php

Hi Mike - whats the Edit Studio 5.0 like? Is it stable? It is reasonably fast exporting converted / rendered files? Good support?

Andre

Bob L
12-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Ooops... thanks for the correction. :o

Bob L

AlanH
12-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Andre - Mike will probably say the same, but EditStudio is a stable, powerful, unpretentious, efficient, no-BS application, and a perfect complement to SAW. Its user forum is contributed to by one of its development team who, like Bob it seems, never sleeps. Have used it for 3 years and would recommend it to anyone.

Alan

Dave Labrecque
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Best way to get wmv into saw?

If you have Sound Forge...

The easiest thing for me is often to drag n drop it into SF and then save as an AVI.

Tree Leopard
12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Andre - Mike will probably say the same, but EditStudio is a stable, powerful, unpretentious, efficient, no-BS application, and a perfect complement to SAW. Its user forum is contributed to by one of its development team who, like Bob it seems, never sleeps. Have used it for 3 years and would recommend it to anyone.

AlanF.A.B. Thunderbirds Are Go! :)

I just had a look at the forum (http://www.puremotion.com/forum/). They even have a section "Service Comments" - that's pretty unusual... if not brave.

Andre

MikeDee
12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

Alan

Heh...couldn't've said it better meself...so...yep, I will say the same! :cool:

I'm very happy with the app. My one and only caveat: EditStudio *5* dropped support for Win2k...you must either move to XP or stay with v4. However, this is not a dig against EditStudio; v5 runs beautifully on my XP Pro drive. I simply would've liked to stay on Win2k, since SAWStudio runs more efficiently for me here...but I've learned to live peacefully in XP-land. :)

Regards,

Pedro Itriago
12-13-2005, 05:56 AM
You have no idea how much I regreted that move they made to xp only. I tried the v4 demo and found it marvelous. Then with all my other work i let too much time pass after the demo expired and when I went back to actually buy the soft, v5 was out and I was left out of being able to buy it. I cursed myself for not buying it before.

AlanH
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Don't want to hijack this thread into an OT on EditStudio, but since Mike and Pedro mentioned it, ES5 has been running quite stably since its release on both my Win2K machines as well as an XP notebook.

A note from the ES Forum Admin Andy (their Bob) stated: We only support Windows XP, but it does appear to run fine under Windows 2000. In the past we also supported Windows 98 and ME as well, but all these operating systems are over 5 years old now and XP is much more stable for multimedia use. Rather than spend time developing and supporting old versions of Windows, we've taken the decision to only support XP now and spend the time on improving EditStudio itself.

So if you've got DV hardware working OK under Win2K and the machine is reasonably quick I wouldn't let that put you off ES5.

Alan

Pedro Itriago
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Wow, thanks Alan, great news indeed. As soon as I can get up this bed, I'll give it a try