PDA

View Full Version : Locators on keypad

mako
12-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Bob - would it be possible to add an option in V4 to be able to use the keypad for MT locators?
I find I never use the keypad for zoom but would very much use the locator option.

Thanks

mako

Bob L
12-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Pressing Alt-Numpad keys will jump you to the first 10 Locate points.

Set Locate points and label them if wanted and then you can use the Alt-Numpad option to jump directly to the first 10.

Bob L

Tree Leopard
12-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Pressing Alt-Numpad keys will jump you to the first 10 Locate points.... something new everyday... :)

Andre

Les Woollam
12-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Didn't know that either :o
. . . must read the manual again!

mako
12-13-2005, 06:08 AM
Great - thanks Bob.

mako

mako
12-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Bob - would it be possible to have that option as a menu option?

And - is it possible to have keypad locators work even when, for example, the Wide Mixer view is upfront?
It would be very handy when working on details of a track in Wide Mixer view to just hit a keypad button to return to a desired point.

Thanks

mako

olzzon
12-14-2005, 12:51 AM
The locators are allready available as on a menu.
In the MT window there are 4 locators and an extra button to the right, if you click on that you can set 30 locators.

mako
12-14-2005, 04:25 AM
Sorry - I meant as a switchable menu option.
Alt keypad - or just - keypad.

Thanks olzzon

mako

Dave Labrecque
12-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Sorry - I meant as a switchable menu option.
Alt keypad - or just - keypad.

Thanks olzzon

mako

Interesting idea. Maybe toggle the functionality of zoom vs. locate for the keypad between no-alt vs. alt and alt vs. no-alt. The latter configuration would make more sense for the way I work.

Bob L
12-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Well... I guess that's a possibility for those that value the locates over the zoom.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
12-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Well... I guess that's a possibility for those that value the locates over the zoom.

Bob L

I guess in my case it's because zooming with the mousewheel is so much quicker than going to the keypad, while hitting the keypad is easier than mousing to the locate points menu. FWIW. Different strokes...

bcorkery
12-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I guess in my case it's because zooming with the mousewheel is so much quickerI almost never zoom via keypad since I got my mousewheel. My earlier trackball had no wheel.

I like the keypad/locate idea.

Thanks,
Bill

UpTilDawn
12-14-2005, 12:28 PM
I guess there's the rub........ for those unfortunates who have no scrollwheel..... (poor suckers. :)) I can barely tollerate a basic two button mouse these days.

Dave Labrecque
12-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I guess there's the rub........ for those unfortunates who have no scrollwheel..... (poor suckers. :)) I can barely tollerate a basic two button mouse these days.

For those who aren't aware... sell your house if you have to, but get a mousewheel. It has changed my life. Zooming is no longer something I have to think about. It just happens in the flow, rather than becoming another step (or steps) in the process where I have to look down at the keyboard or mouse over to an on-screen button. Vertical and Horizontal zooming are now second-nature. It's a whole new world.

P.S. Get a mousewheel.

mako
12-14-2005, 02:04 PM

Bob L

Thanks Bob - and - is it possible to have keypad locators work even when, for example, the Wide Mixer view is upfront?
It would be very handy when working on details of a track in Wide Mixer view to just hit a keypad button to return to a desired point.

Thanks again

mako

Bob L
12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes... I am working on hooking the keypad into the mixer views.

Bob L

mako
12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Fantastic - thanks Bob

Merry Christmas

mako

Shawn
12-15-2005, 12:44 AM
Bob,

Would it be possible to still have the number pad + and - keys still do the stepped zoom while the 0 thru 9 number keys do the locate points?

I use the + and - keys all the time for zooming, and use the mouse wheel for track scrolling.

:)

Bob L
12-15-2005, 01:56 AM
The + - keys should not be affected by a zoom/locate menu option.

Bob L