PDA

View Full Version : Solo with FX??

Kimbo
12-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I'VE got Reverb on Aux Ret 1 and Echo delay on Aux RET 2. Is there a way to set SAW so I hear the FX when I,m soloing with the milti channel solo??
Thanks

Dave Labrecque
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I'VE got Reverb on Aux Ret 1 and Echo delay on Aux RET 2. Is there a way to set SAW so I hear the FX when I,m soloing with the milti channel solo??
Thanks

Kimbo,

If you select a track (click on the track number) you will hear the track soloed plus any aux effects being sent from that track. You can also select multiple tracks to hear a specific group of tracks.

Marvin
12-17-2005, 01:50 PM
You can also hold down 'shift' while clicking the solo button, which will turn it into a solo-in-place, allowing you to hear the FX. This way you don't have to stop the engine running.

Marvin

Shawn
12-17-2005, 01:51 PM
You can also hold down the shift key while pressing the solo button to solo with return channels active.

:)

LOL, Marvin beat me to it..

Dave Labrecque
12-17-2005, 04:27 PM
You can also hold down 'shift' while clicking the solo button, which will turn it into a solo-in-place, allowing you to hear the FX. This way you don't have to stop the engine running.

Marvin

Dang. That's the one I always forget. Anyone know of a way to get hot track solo mode to do this? That would be nice.

Shawn
12-17-2005, 04:32 PM
It doesn't really work with the hot-track solo because the returns drop out when the hot-track is changed.

Dave Labrecque
12-19-2005, 10:55 AM
It doesn't really work with the hot-track solo because the returns drop out when the hot-track is changed.

Yeah, I know. I guess I was hoping there was some other little keystroke I didn't know about. :)

Bob,

How tough or troublesome would it be to implement the shift key functionality of individual solo buttons to hot track solo mode? I'd find it mighty useful.

Bob L
12-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I have the idea for the Shift key with the HotTrack solo for 4.0.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
12-19-2005, 03:02 PM
You are SO awsome, Bob! Features on demand, without the demand! :)

Dave Labrecque
12-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I have the idea for the Shift key with the HotTrack solo for 4.0.

Bob L

Supercool! :)