PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Audiophile 192

mghtx
12-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I did search on this and came up empty so......

I recently had a power spike/surge here and it killed everything along with my EMU 0404. I was never happy with that card but I got it to work. Anywho... I'm looking at the Audiofile 192 or the 1010LT. I know OZ used a 1010 but what about the 192? Any users?

Seems like they update their drivers pretty good and all. And how does it do with VIA chipsets? (I will never go with VIA chipsets again.)

My budget right now is $200-300. I was looking at some firewire stuff but I really like the PCI stuff better. Seems like there are less issues with PCI from everything I've read.

johndale
12-18-2005, 06:55 PM
New? I would suggest the Maudio Delta 66. No MIDI though, is that of importance? I used a 66 from when I sold my awfull EMU 1820m till I got my current Motu stuff, the 66 was stable and a good bang for the buck. I have a separate MIDI interface so that was not important to me in my audio card choice. I'm a PCI fan myself. You should be able to find a 66 for about US $175 and if you need a couple MIDI ports there are several interfaces that are decent in the $50 range. If you need any links to get the best price, just yell.
John

Steve L
12-19-2005, 05:44 AM
I don't want to cause any problems with tacky personal "plugs"
so e-mail me privately and we'll discuss this.

Steve
Audio-Video Electronics
Mountain View Recording
859-623-4406

johndale
12-19-2005, 09:02 AM
tacky personal plugs

Thank's, Hillbillie, shows me I'm on the wrong forum. He said price range, I'd suggested something I knew to work in that price range. Don't worry, I will not post again.
John

Craig Allen
12-19-2005, 09:30 AM
John - he wasn't refering to your reply. His reference was about his own services and you can see the reasoning behind his reply in this thread (http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3128).

johndale
12-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm sorry. I get a little defensive sometimes. One of the reasons I try to stay away from forums. You guys sure have been help and I much appreciate that..............
John

mghtx
12-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks all. Anyone else?

I've looked at the 66 and the other one above that (can't remember right now) but I do want MIDI as my wife plays piano and I like to tink around to do beats and sounds, etc. However I have a seperate USB MIDI so it's not out of the park yet because I like the box thingy the 66 uses.

Steve L. I will send you a PM now, thanks.

Steve L
12-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Sorry Johndale, did not mean you.....It seems every time I try to help a fellow SAWer I get flack.
Steve

Pedro Itriago
12-20-2005, 05:42 AM
There's a name for that Steve, Karma. Just get used to it and if you feel that what you're doing is the right thing, keep on doing it