PDA

View Full Version : Exploding!!!

Perry
07-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Wow... the SAWStudio Universe is down right exploding with activity... A really heavy duty new update... new shades, new users, new SAWStudio native plug-ins... Whooa!!! :eek:

Most excellent!!! :D

Perry

swing
07-24-2004, 11:00 PM
Well, you can't keep a good man down! :D

swing

Perry
07-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Well, you can't keep a good man down! :D

swing

Indeed! ;)

And it is exciting! I was just trying the record-mark display... very cool! :)

Perry

Shawn
07-25-2004, 04:33 AM
I was just trying the record-mark display... very cool! :)
Perry

I was just checking this out too, I didn't think it was something that SS "required", but now that it's in there, I think it's pretty cool! :)

spiritman
07-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Was the link for ALL the new shades ever posted?

canipus
07-25-2004, 08:25 PM
A lot of them are on the David Hayes web site but NOT the LATEST Count Trafford Pewter shades (6) and my "new_end_oh-1" and "new_end_oh-2" shades which are modifications to Yuri's Ensensor shade (renamed so my mods don't confuse with Yuri's work. I have done the mods that Yuri said he was going to do when he got back (+ some other neatening up of 3D overlays). I'm hoping I've saved Yuri a bunch of time and he will be able to build even further on the stuff I've done when he returns. The old readable meters are back in and the desktop, (not the shade windows), is now a cool gray Nuendo/Sequoia look. About 20 other minor errors have been fixed e.g. the % sign in the 'loading sound file window' was the wrong color and the padlock and REC button in the Soundfile window F7 were faulty (click them and look closely and you'll see what I mean. These edits are minor but they took quite a bit of effort to get right.
I've kept the basic look and style of the Ensensor shade because everyone likes it.
One of the Pewter shades has the official SAWstudio indigo blue logo on the multitrack which looks as good as anything from any of SAW's competitiors. You have to see them on your screen. The graphics are pathetic imitations due to the compression needed to upload them.
I've PM'd David Haynes yesterday asking for an FTP link to his site so I can FTP them over and he can host them with all the others he has. He hasn't got back to me today but as soon as I get the ok from him I will let you all know and notify the forum that they have been sent.
I have emailed the "new_end_oh" ones (1.5MB each) to Swing as he was in a rush but even my latest versions sent out to him today got rejected by his mail server in Sweden - so emailing is not a guaranteed method of getting them out to you. The early ones he got and the latest ones got rejected.

Canipus
As soon as David responds you will get the link.

canipus
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Sorry forgot to post the 3rd jpg graphic (the meter).
Here it is.

swing
07-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Canipus!

I've got a "nice and friendly" mailbox - they DID get through despite rejection notice:)

And very nice job of yours!

What app did you use to modify them?

Kool to take away Yura's logo in the background.

Friendly to the eyes and good to have showing other GUI sensitive ppl the app!

swing

canipus
07-25-2004, 09:10 PM
And here's some contributions from Count Traffordz Graphic Virginz ll (pewter)

canipus
07-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Swing

----------------------------------

Restorator 2004, Paint Shop Pro, Nokia 21" monitor, sore eyes and a boat load of patience / trial and error. Plus just a little spare time (as Yuri will doubtless attest to). The apps is the easy part. The patience and trial and error is...well....that's something else. I remember reading the original blurb from Count Traffordz G V when the first shades were produced by them on the net and they mentioned over 500 hours of editing work. I thought that figure was a load of hype but I spent 16 hours myself just working on Yuri's Ensensor so be warned this is not for the faint of heart. It takes a long time, pixel by pixel, tho' judging by some of Yuri's lit buttons, the rendering is so realistic I think he probably has got a special rendering tool.
I hope what I've added to his work will truly make SAW STudio be considered the coolest looking DAW on the market. The look of the desktop was always negatively criticised. I think a load of non SAW Studio gurus are going to be eating their heart out when they see this stuff on a hi rez monitor.

canipus
07-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Well my brain is shot thru. I keep hitting the send button only to realize I never included all the jpg attachments that were supposed to be attached to the previous message. Here's the logo for "new_end_oh-1"
Canipus

AudioAstronomer
07-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Swing

----------------------------------

Restorator 2004, Paint Shop Pro, Nokia 21" monitor, sore eyes and a boat load of patience / trial and error. Plus just a little spare time (as Yuri will doubtless attest to). The apps is the easy part. The patience and trial and error is...well....that's something else. I remember reading the original blurb from Count Traffordz G V when the first shades were produced by them on the net and they mentioned over 500 hours of editing work. I thought that figure was a load of hype but I spent 16 hours myself just working on Yuri's Ensensor so be warned this is not for the faint of heart. It takes a long time, pixel by pixel, tho' judging by some of Yuri's lit buttons, the rendering is so realistic I think he probably has got a special rendering tool.
I hope what I've added to his work will truly make SAW STudio be considered the coolest looking DAW on the market. The look of the desktop was always negatively criticised. I think a load of non SAW Studio gurus are going to be eating their heart out when they see this stuff on a hi rez monitor.

With paint shop pro I certainly can see it taking quite a while...

for those of us with the gimp.... its much more time consuming heh. Everything takes just a few extra steps... until you learn the power-user functions... which are less than stable shall we say.

Then again, I still cant load restorater.

Great Job guys :)

Perry
07-25-2004, 10:31 PM
........... I have emailed the "new_end_oh" ones (1.5MB each) to Swing as he was in a rush but even my latest versions sent out to him today got rejected by his mail server in Sweden - so emailing is not a guaranteed method of getting them out to you. The early ones he got and the latest ones got rejected. ..............
Canipus

Hey Canipus! Wanna try my mail server? :rolleyes:

Seriously.. I'd love to try the shade if you wanna give it a try...

Matt sent me a version he did of the Contemporary shade and it came through no problem (and quite nice too!)

Maybe try one? :)

commodorperry@shaw.ca

Perry

canipus
07-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Perry check yr. e-mail

Canipus

Perry
07-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Perry check yr. e-mail

Canipus

Hey.. wow.. thanks!!! 3 shades just showed up in my email! :cool:

I've got clients tomorrow and I want to use the new shade... but I didn't want to have the logo showing itself. I'll try these out in just a few minutes.

Excellent! Thanks again Canipus... much appreciated!!! :)

All the best,

perry

Perry
07-26-2004, 02:12 AM
I'll try these out in just a few minutes.

Nice! Very nice!!! The New_end_Oh2 is very :cool:

:)

omaru
07-26-2004, 03:58 AM
hi canipus - nice job - I like the meters.

If possible, please send to bluestone45@msn.com

thanks

omaru

earthpig
07-26-2004, 04:28 AM
Could I also ahve a copy of these new shades please ? :D

Jesse Skeens
07-26-2004, 04:36 AM
I wouldnt mind them either if you have time. jskeens@bellsouth.net

MMP
07-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Me too! Me too!

MM

SoundSuite
07-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Well my brain is shot thru. I keep hitting the send button only to realize I never included all the jpg attachments that were supposed to be attached to the previous message. Here's the logo for "new_end_oh-1"
Canipus

...just an opinion, take it as such, please.

First off, great work on the shades, they appear to be coming along great.
Maybe Bob will likey and incorporate a selection of the offerings to the 'official' realm to help sales for the "it's ugly" people.

However, please, keep any logos only Bob's or Bob's prior permission only.
If it were me, and I were Bob, I'd draw the line at customizing my baybee's looks with any logo changes.

I bought Bob's products due to performance, which is why I didn't buy the other guys stuff. Anyone who buys a DAW because it looks good is simply a nutcase, however, they are out there.
That said, I prefer another shade than the default myself. ;)

Just be glad we can change the look in our SawStudio & Basic.
Don't piss the man off, and make him start locking down shades to only RML sanctioned.

/end opinion

Naturally Digital
07-26-2004, 07:12 PM
...just an opinion, take it as such, please.

However, please, keep any logos only Bob's or Bob's prior permission only.
If it were me, and I were Bob, I'd draw the line at customizing my baybee's looks with any logo changes.
Ahh gee, with all this talk of 'hacking' the shades, I was hoping to incorporate MY company logo into this same 'dead' space at the top of the multitrack. Just thought it would be cool is all. ;)

I bought Bob's products due to performance, which is why I didn't buy the other guys stuff.
Is that how you choose your cars too? :D

FWIW, I just think it's great to be able to have great performance AND a nice look. :p (never thought I'd get to use that smilie!)

All kidding aside, I did feel concerned (about his reaction) when I read Bob's remarks about people changing the shades. Especially because there has since been a flood of activity in this area. I only hope he becomes more comfortable with the idea. When the shade concept was introduced, I actually thought we'd see a lot more choices. I've never had a major problem with the 'look' of SS. I like that it's unique but, if it can look even better, less fatiguing or be easier to read AND it doesn't take away from Bob's work in other areas, I think we're all better off. It's just graphics after all... Think of it like paint. OTOH, I can certainly understand how personal this whole thing can get and yes, logos MAY cross a line (they are trademarks after all) but I would get concerned if someone was modifying my logo, not if they included it on my own work...

I just think it's great to see people contributing in this way. If I could do it (or had time) I might also. It would be my way of 'giving something back'. Modifying these shades isn't easy and it's obvious we have some very talented people around here (including Jeanne and Bob of course)!

Bob has made his feelings known. If he'd prefer us not to discuss/share this type of thing around here maybe he'll chime in... OR, it could all be spelled out in the licence agreement I guess.

Enjoy!
Dave.

tgwazoo
07-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Will these be available for download sometime?
Hope so... Great job....

TG