PDA

View Full Version : UAD version 4.1 trbl?

spiritman
12-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Bob we no longer have to copy the VST plug's into the Saw Studio/vst dir. right? I d/l-ed the new plugs, but they don't appear in Saw Studio. The plug's (UAD) are now all VST no more Direct-X support.

TotalSonic
12-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Bob we no longer have to copy the VST plug's into the Saw Studio/vst dir. right?

Nope - all VST plugins that you wish to appear in SAWStudio must have their dll's copied to the SAWStudio/VST_Plugins folder

Only DX plugins or native plugins with installers get installed automatically.

I d/l-ed the new plugs, but they don't appear in Saw Studio. The plug's (UAD) are now all VST no more Direct-X support.

Well - with using the VST versions you no longer will get automatic latency compensation that you get with the Direct X ones. Any major improvements to the plugs that makes it worth using the new VST versions instead of the older DX ones??

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Sam C
12-24-2005, 07:18 PM
You do have to copy vst plugs into the SAW vst plug in folder.

Bob L
12-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Version 4.0 allows you to put a link in the VST folder that can point to the dll anywhere on your system.

Bob L

Perry
12-25-2005, 04:26 AM
Version 4.0 allows you to put a link in the VST folder that can point to the dll anywhere on your system.

Bob L

Coool!!! :)

Pedro Itriago
12-25-2005, 08:29 AM
I guess cool & uncool as well. I'm imagining that you'll still have the option to have it the old way of copying it into sawvst folder.

The potential mess I can see with this is when the folder is there no more or you try to get you session elsewhere in a single cd/usb stick.

Wouldn't there be some errors when that linked vst folder is no loger there?

spiritman
12-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I have an older edl (pre new UAD update) that won't let me replace a plug. The plugin is the UAD Plate 140 reverb, on a return. SS dies as soon as I try to remove-clear the plug. Is there a way to remove a plugin from the edl before starting SS? I have a copy of Jon's Investigator. But I dont think you can remove plugin's with it.....

Bob L
12-25-2005, 11:46 AM
That's an interesting problem... I have never gotten myself in that situation... let me look at the code and try to fix what is causing the problem... I am guessing that the edl opens and shows the plugin as missing... if that's the case, I should be able to bypass all shutdown function calls during the remove code...

Bob L

spiritman
12-25-2005, 02:46 PM
At startup of SS, it say's the settings are corrupt for the plugin. But after startup. When I go to the return FX Pre Patch, It shows the reverb. But when I try to remove it. Poooffff. I get the popup saying Saw Studio has caused an error and needs to close-sorry. The same thing happens when I use the clear button.

PS: The UAD plugs do work in my copy of Wave Lab. If that helps....

dhise
12-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Spiritman, I've saved myself a copy of the 4.0 drivers and I don't plan on upgrading any time soon because of the the lack of dx support. You may need to roll back to 4.0 to change any dx plugs to vsts in your edl's, ymmv, etc...

-Doug

At startup of SS, it say's the settings are corrupt for the plugin. But after startup. When I go to the return FX Pre Patch, It shows the reverb. But when I try to remove it. Poooffff. I get the popup saying Saw Studio has caused an error and needs to close-sorry. The same thing happens when I use the clear button.

PS: The UAD plugs do work in my copy of Wave Lab. If that helps....

spiritman
12-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Thanks dhise, But I fixed it. Just moved the .dll files (for the plate 140 verb) out of the VST dir. then started Saw. When I went to the return's the plug was in chicken lips- << >> so I could remove it from the edl. So I saved the edl. Quite SS. Moved the .dll's back in place and restarted SS. Reinserted the plug's -- Work fine now.....http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

Bob L
12-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Good news... saves me from a long chase.

Bob L