PDA

View Full Version : same old theater playback question...

Bill Park
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Bob,

I know, I bring this up every couple of years...

In the theater, we need triggered layback of different tracks (or subgroups.... might be a better idea...) independently of each other on the time line.

Scenario:

rain, thunder, off-stage scream, gunshot, explosion.

The rain is constantly playing in the background. The thunder triggers off based upon lighting cues. The scream happens in concert with the action on stage, as does the gunshot and cue for the explosion. No way that these things can just run in sync with each other, they all need to be triggered as per stage managers cues or whatever. 'Autofollow' might be nice.

Even simple things.. recently I was doing Annie, and when Sally Struthers reaches fo the radio, I have a cue that sounds like someone tuning in a radio. Got to be on cue with the stage action.

Currently, sfx is the only software that I know of that allows us to do this. We can send messages from the Midas console to sfx to run the show.

I think that a modified version of SAWBasic might be a marketable product to the theater crowd.

Any opinions?

Bill

Bob L
01-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Use LoopaZoid... I just posted in another thread about it... you have 48 SFX live cued anytime you press a button or midi keyboard note... you patch multiple instances at once for more than 48 sfx.

Its free... www.loopazoid.com (http://www.loopazoid.com)

I have a few shows running this way.... you can also load long background music cues or loops in a button and it would play the whole time... but usually I put the background cues on the timeline.

Bob L

Pedro Itriago
01-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Your time managements is short of incredible.

C'mon Bob, admit it. You have a red Kryptonite ring on your finger.

I have a few shows running this way.... you can also load long background music cues or loops in a button and it would play the whole time... but usually I put the background cues on the timeline.