PDA

View Full Version : midi sync with digiface?

Kimbo
01-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I am trying to sync alesis sr 16drum machine to SAW thru digiface. i have midi out 2 on digiface to midi in on the alesis. i have it assigned in Saw with my tempo map and midi setup set to the digiface.I dont see the lights on the midistate on the digiface lighting and I'm not getting the drumbeat. Do I need a midi cord going back into the digiface? The alesis works when hooked up to my old roland 1880 so I know it's not the cord or drum machine .

Bob L
01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
The alesis would have to be able to chase MTC sync... and you then have to have SS generate MTC sync thru the Digiface.

SS does not generate Midi Sync... that is different than MTC and Smpte.

JMS has a plugin that will generate Midi Sync... you may have to try that.

Bob L

Kimbo
01-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks Bob !!!! Looking forward to getting Lite sometime in 06. I love working in SAW!!!!

Kimbo
01-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I just tried to sync Saw with my roland 1880 as it locks with MTC. I have midi out and in thru digiface and set thru HDSP 2 out the front and the settings in SAW ,options, midi and sync. I am still not locking. Its not that I want to use the 1880 anymore, i'm just exprrimenting... Perhaps there's a setting in Hammerfalls mixer thar I'n not setting??
Also noted that when I save session, it doesn't save the midi and sync settings???

Bob L
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
The Options menu in SS has two different Midi device setups... one for basic midi for controllers and the second for Sync devices... make sure you are setting the MTC sync device out to your RME Midi 2...

Then turn ON the Generate MTC sync option on the Midi/Smpte menu.

That should give you a sync lite whenever you start playback.

The device settings save with the preferences and the individual generate options save with the edl.

Bob L

Kimbo
01-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks again Bob,, You are the best!!

UpTilDawn
01-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Kimbo, although it's been over a year or more since I used a 1680 this way, I can assure you that it can be done... that's all.:)