PDA

View Full Version : Unable to download 3.9j

ambler
01-19-2006, 04:04 AM
This is still not working for me, I'm on dialup. After three days and a couple of dozen attempts the server is still cutting off the download at about 1.4 MB.

Has anybody on dialup successfully downloaded the latest update?

Mark

Bob L
01-19-2006, 10:51 AM
We have been looking into it to see if the problem is on our side.

Bob L

mako
01-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Hello Ambler - my experience has been the same too on dialup.
Thankfully a friend with B/Band was able to d/l it for me yesterday.

Very frustrating though.

BTW - I haven't been able to get the ini link to VSTi system working yet - anyone having success here? Perhaps it was just the 2 VSTi's I chose.

thanks

mako

Bob L
01-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Dennis... what exactly are you typing in the ini file for the VST link?

And make sure it is a straight txt file from the Notepad... not a word processor file format.

Bob L

SoundSuite
01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Make sure Windows is showing the file extensions.
If it's not, your naming the file xxxx.ini and windows is tossing a .txt after it (xxxx.ini.txt) and your just not seeing it.

...in XP:
-Open My Computer and browse to your C:
-Select Tools > Folder Options
-View Tab up top
-Scroll down and make sure "Hide extensions for known file-types" is NOT checked.

mako
01-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Bob - here's the text for EXSP

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\emagic\EXSP24.dll

File is named EXSP24.ini (Notepad)

Soundsuite - I tried your suggestion but there was no added extension.

Thanks both for responding.

cheers

mako

Bob L
01-20-2006, 08:29 PM
The text looks correct... do you have a carriage return/lf at the end of the line in the ini file... it must end with the cursor on the next blank line in the notepad...

Bob L

Jeanne Quinn
01-20-2006, 10:41 PM
This is still not working for me, I'm on dialup. After three days and a couple of dozen attempts the server is still cutting off the download at about 1.4 MB.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can I ask you to try the download area again? We just made a few changes that will hopefully resolve the issue.

Thank you!
-Jeanne

ambler
01-21-2006, 03:47 AM
Hi Jeanne,

I tried again but it's still not working unfortunately.

The data downloads as fast as I can expect on dialup, with no slow down at all until it gets to about 1.4 or 1.5 mb and then stops dead, as if sombody threw a switch. A few moments after that I get a "connection with the server was reset" error message and that's it. It behaves exactly the same way every time.

Thanks for looking into this, if there is anything I can do to help sort this out just let me know.

BTW, I guess it doesn't make any difference but despite my thread title I'm actually trying do download SAWStudioBasic 1.4j.

Mark

UpTilDawn
01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Have you been using any sort of download assistant utility? I haven't been on dial-up for quite a long time, but I remember that there seem to be plenty of them out there. Would that help you?

DanT

mako
01-21-2006, 04:17 PM
The text looks correct... do you have a carriage return/lf at the end of the line in the ini file... it must end with the cursor on the next blank line in the notepad...

Bob L

Yes Bob, CR at line end - I'll try another VSTi.

Thanks

mako

Jeanne Quinn
01-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi Jeanne,

I tried again but it's still not working unfortunately.

Mark

Thanks, Mark. We are working on an alternate solution now and should have it fixed shortly. I'll let you know when it's ready to try again!

-Jeanne

mako
01-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks Jeanne.

Bob - I just tried the ini file method with SampleTank2 and it worked fine so it looks like EXSP24 is a problem. That's ok though. I'd already bought sfz+ months ago to replace it anyway.

Thank you - this will be very handy.

cheers

mako

mako
01-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Sorry Jeanne - just tried for " k ' but "no go" past 30% on dialup.

Thanks

mako

Jeanne Quinn
01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Sorry Jeanne - just tried for " k ' but "no go" past 30% on dialup.

Thanks

mako

Hi Mako,

We're still working on this. Anyone having difficulty downloading in the meantime, feel free to write to me at support@sawstudio.com and I'll email the program file to you.

Thanks!
-Jeanne