PDA

View Full Version : Help: Partition or Data Recovery

rioguy
01-19-2006, 04:14 AM
Hello,

When trying to resolve a problem in one of my 120 Gb drives which would always show in PIO mode in the system, I unexpectedly hit the comand revert logical drive in disk management.
Upon system restart the drive showed up as 'unalocated' and no files inside...

To remedy this I'm running Norton System Works's Disk Doctor in hope it will fix the partition and recover the files with its original headers.
I know the data recovery can be also made by 'Easy Recovery' utility, but in this case the program recover the files with its own extensions making it impossible to know which .wav file is the valid one for an EDL.

Will Disk Doctor fix this as expected? If not, can someone suggest a utility for my case? The file was originally formated in NTFS.

Thanks in advance

MMP
01-19-2006, 04:56 AM
I have had good luck with "Getdataback". I believe in demo mode you can see what would be recovered before paying them for the full version.

http://www.runtime.org/

Regards,

MM

Tim Miskimon
01-19-2006, 08:36 AM
I believe if you right click on My Computer and select manage and then disk management you should be able to rename the drive partition and re-alocate it. I know I was able to un-alocate a drive there so I would think that would be the place to look.
Good luck!

rioguy
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I believe if you right click on My Computer and select manage and then disk management you should be able to rename the drive partition and re-alocate it. I know I was able to un-alocate a drive there so I would think that would be the place to look.
Good luck!

Thanks Tim, but after taking a closer look in Disk Management, I found the info that only dynamic disks can be reactivated. Mine is basic.

I'm currently trying getdataback as Michael suggested. Thanks Mike, by the way.
It seems that if existed an app which could revert the unalocated state to as before, would be perfect.

rioguy
01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
OK . Got 'getdataback' and could recover my files. Real easy to use. It took 9 hours to scan a 120 Gb drive.

I want to say thanks to Michael McInnis for directing me to this app.

MMP
01-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Great! I'm glad it worked out for you.

The program has saved me a couple of times from disaster.

Regards,

MM