PDA

View Full Version : Ability to save individual mix template files would be great

Arno Jordan
07-27-2004, 06:17 PM
I would greatly appreciate a way to save customized mix templates.
During mixdown i often have several edl files containing different songs
with similar but not identical Instrumentation. So if i want to transfer all mix settings from my Guitar or drum trax, i like to be able to save not only a complete mix template but also a mix template containing only the the guitar or drum tracks.
For example if i could mark all my guitar channels on the multitrack, lets say chanel 8 to 12 and choose save mix template, the mix template should contain only mix settings of track 8 to 12 and leave everything else intact when loaded again in another edl. So i would be able to quickly transfer a good sounding drum mix to another song without changing the rest of the tracks settings.

Anyone else think this is usefull ?

Greetings
Arno Jordan

Dave Labrecque
07-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Arno,

Till Bob implements your most excellent suggestion :), you could aways delete all the track info you don't want for the template and save the template. If you're nervous about screwing up your existing session, you can do a save as and call it "mix template fun" or something. Sorry if you already figured this out.

Bob L
07-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Arno,

I have something in the works for partial template restores... we'll see if it works out.

You can also transfer mixer channel settings by saving the drum channels to memory cells and then open the other edl and recalling those same channels from the cells... 4 at a time for now... in two passes your drum settings could be transferred.

Bob L