PDA

View Full Version : Groove Clips

johndale
02-09-2006, 02:23 AM
Y'all know those loops called "Groove Clips" or "Acid clips". Is there any way of using them in SAW? As I was going thru my library of drum loops this evening, I have quite a few of them. Also .REX2 file's, any way to use them?
John

johndale
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Bump.......

Microstudio
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
If you have .wav files all you do is goto File/Add Soundfile To MT

johndale
02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Yea I do that. But groove and acid file's stretch to tempo and you can butcher them into different clip's. The format originally came from Sony Acid. But other platforms are able to work with them also. You can stretch them over measure's without loseing tempo or key. Also you are able to change the pitch of them without affecting tempo. I don't use them much. But sometime's they are good for drums and horn samples.
John

Sam C
02-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Acid is a good program for what you want to do. I guess you know that. However, you can load your libray with drum loops, insert to MT, cut and paste. But, I don' think you can change tempo or stretch like Acid does.

Microstudio
02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Ya....Acid is the program you will want to use, but you can then load your finished .wav files into SS and mix and master the project. I use Sonar for my Midi and load the raw .wav into SS....it works great.

Bob L
02-09-2006, 07:21 PM
The artifacts of time stretching audio in Acid are way too much for my taste... in fact any amount of Time Compression on transient material can start to loose the attack transients all over the place... this is why I like to do drums using midi... no such artifatcs... much easier and much better sounding results... in my opinion.

Bob L

johndale
02-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Your 110% right Bob, of course. I find it is not to bad with the artifacts if you keep any change's within 5% of the original. It's mainly a short cut or time saver with me. But thank y'all for the answer's. I have Acid 5 laying around. I'll try that tonight. I'd put Sonar back on my machine, but so much crap comes with that, you know what I mean? I really hate to clog up my FX library with a bunch of stuff I never use. It look's so nice, clean and organized right now. I use VST's for the obvious reason's anyhow.
John