PDA

View Full Version : Steve Berson Live

bcorkery
05-24-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm enjoying the Invert broadcast but I think they need to mic the players since they're doing interviews. The instruments are mic'ed very well to my ear.

Great job over all Steve and Co.

Thanks,
Bill Corkery

TotalSonic
05-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey Bill -
Just got back in. Thanks so much for tuning in and glad you enjoyed it!!

Hmmm- should of realized that the voices wouldn't come through unless we leaned in towards the mics since we never went into the control room for the interview interludes - we just sat in our seats in the live room, They just had close mics on our instruments - although really nice ones at that - TLM 170's on the cellos and KM84's on the violin & viola. With how quick we had to set up for this thing I was just glad some care was taken towards actually trying to get the instruments to sound good - but guess they forgot to think about making sure our voices would come through also. They don't call it "WFMU - home of dead air!" for nothin :) Actually I was pretty impressed with how smoothly & quickly the dj/engineer, Irene Trudell got everything going - she was micing us up in between cueing up cuts.
Anyway - WFMU is probably one of my favorite stations in the world - it's one of the last independent truly free form stations where the dj completely decides what to play and can hop genres and play obscure stuff at will. It was mighty fun getting a chance to play live on it again.
http://www.wfmu.org

and to
Jeanne -
Thanks so much for posting our gig announcement to everyone - it was mighty nice of you!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

bcorkery
05-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Jeanne,

Yes, thank you for the post. Made for a fun afternoon.

Bill Corkery

Jeanne Quinn
05-24-2004, 10:48 PM
My pleasure! Steve, you did a great job this afternoon!!

If anyone has announcments like this that they wish to post, feel free to click on the Calendar link on the main navigation bar, and you'll find 'Add New Event' links in the lower right corner.

Just remember that whatever events you put up there are public, so you won't want to post dentist appointments, therapy sessions, or days your cleaning lady comes. ;)

Jeanne Quinn

Burkeville
05-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Cleaning lady? Bwahahaha!!!