PDA

View Full Version : How do I route JMS metronome to record?

Sam C
02-13-2006, 08:48 AM
I am just messing with the metronome for the first ime. What is the routing to record to MT?

Thanks

Larry Burger
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Sam:

I do not know how to record the metronome to a track, but I will look into it.

Why do you need to record to a track?
The metronome will play in sync, and if you need to change tempo you just make the change. This way you don't have to re-record the song metronome.

I Will get back if I can find anything.

Sam C
02-13-2006, 09:52 AM
There are a couple of reasons I want to record to an MT. So, I thought, I'll put it on an MT and work with it from there.

MMP
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Solo the metronome track, name an empty track "metronome". Leaving the new track chosen, select "build mix to track". Done.

MM

Sam C
02-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Not sure how you are doing this. Would you mind a step by step.

If I put the metronome on track 1, hit rec, I hear the metronome but it does not print. I can also put it in the output track or return track. Printing is my problem.

Thanks

MMP
02-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Put metronome plugin on track 1.

Goto "Regions" Menu, select create blank region

A region called "Blank" is now in your Regions list

Insert the blank region on Track 1 at point where you want the Metronome to stop

Name track 2 "Metronome"

Solo Track 1

Select track 2

Go to Process/Mixdown Menu

Choose "Build mix to track"

Regards,

MM

Solo the metronome track, name an empty track "metronome". Leaving the new track chosen, select "build mix to track". Done

Sam C
02-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Got it! Thank you.

Microstudio
02-13-2006, 12:45 PM
While we are talking about The JMS Metronome......

How do you get that thing to work in SS? The instructions on JMS are not helpful at all. Is thing a stand alone or does it need a keyboard or sound card to get the click sound from? I followed the instructions but got nothing?

johndale
02-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Micro, use 1.5 a lot of people have had problem's with 1.6, myself included. The instruction's do make sense, I swear. I followed them had it working right away, with 1.5. Doe's anyone know if the Metronome will Automate? That is next for me. I haven't tried.
John

Sam C
02-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Micro, here is one way;

Put the metronome in FX pre patch track one. Arm track one. Hit SRP, adjust fader for vol.

Bob L
02-13-2006, 03:46 PM
That will work... but there is no need to do all that... which effectively is creating a blank region by recording silence...

Simply use the Create Blank Region option from the Regions menu and then insert that on the metronome track at the end of the session.

Bob L

Sam C
02-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Thanks Bob.

johndale
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Bob, dumb question here. But why at the end of a session? I use the "Create Blank Region", but I've been doing it at the begining. What kind of monster am I creating?
John

Bob L
02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Usually, the track stops processing after the last region plays by for performance reasons... so my guess would be that after the blank region the metronome may not be receiving buffers to send the click back in.

Therefore, place the blank down at the end of the session timeline.

Bob L