PDA

View Full Version : Build To FX Problem

Larry Burger
02-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I am having a problem building a MIX to FX.
It has worked in the past, but at this time the window comes up with --- ,and no file names. It wont let me change the resolution or bits.
Saw is building to file and hot track, just not FX.

I will build to file and run it again for Levelizer but I would like to be able to use the program as designed.

TotalSonic
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Larry -
My undestanding is that Build To FX is meant only for sending to plugins that have alternate file format creation routines such as JMS Audioware's CSG, BFG & LACE. For these plugins I'm having no problems with Build To FX whatsoever. If you just want to save a processed track to a new file just use solo the track you wish and Build Mix to either new file or to a hot track.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Larry Burger
02-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Steve:

Thanks for the advice I must have misunderstood.
I appreciate it.

Larry...

Bob L
02-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Yes... you need special plugins that create their own output file formats...

To build a single track... I recommend using the track selection (left-click the track number) and buioldmix to a new soundfile or to a new hottrack.

The selection method can be much faster than the solo method... solo still processes every track and FX in the background.... the selection method only processes the selected tracks... thereby eliminating the time used up by all the other tracks and processing in a dense session.

Bob L