PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from saw32+ to new version of saw

Typan1486
02-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I was just wondering if there is an upgrade from saw32+ to any version of saw studio studio and if so what version and the pricing. Thanks

Bob L
02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
There is no direct update path from the old SAW products... but there are many easy ways to jump into the new ones... check out the Good Faith Agreement... and if you use one of the VIPs to purchase from, you can receive substantial discounts on Lite and Full... Basic sells for only $300 and that is quite the bargain in its own right... it is the same engine with most all of the same power.

All the prices and details are on the website at www.SAWStudio.com (http://www.SAWStudio.com)

Bob L

Ian Alexander
02-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I used SawPlus32 for a couple of years AFTER SawStudio had come out. It worked fine, but I finally noticed a few features that SS has that I could use. So, I bought SS Basic. Within a couple of days, I was wondering why I waited so long. So many things are easier and more powerful in Studio. An example: In SP32, to "fade" an EQ change, I had to cross fade to another track with the new settings. In SS, automation makes this faster, easier, and more flexible, on one track. The channel comps and eq are fantastic, and no patching needed. I'm still finding new helpful things to learn, and Bob keeps upgrading all the time, too. Usually at no charge!

For my VO and radio spot production, Studio has been a big productivity boost. It's making money for me every day, and several years in, I STILL don't need anything more than Basic. Go for it.

studio-c
02-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Slightly OT:
Ian, I loved your website. Just finished reading the Tips and Tricks bits. You've definitely been around the block. I hope your clients appreciate you :) .

Cheers,
Scott

Ian Alexander
02-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Slightly OT:
Ian, I loved your website. Just finished reading the Tips and Tricks bits. You've definitely been around the block. I hope your clients appreciate you :) .

Cheers,
Scott
:o Gee, thanks, Scott. I guess some of the clients appreciate something I offer. They seem to keep coming back.

MMP
02-20-2006, 09:36 AM
If I give you credit and put a link to your site, can I quote the text? I would love to send this to some agency folk I work with as general guidelines for copy writing. The only other thing I often suggest is getting rid of as many clauses as possible...they don't work well for spoken word.

Regards,

MM

Ian Alexander
02-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Quoting with a link sounds good to me, Michael. Thanks for asking. I think I should add something about clauses to the Yes, Out Loud page. The eye seems better at those than the ear. A good approach is "Subject Verb Object. Period. New Sentence."

Les Woollam
02-21-2006, 04:54 AM
I used SawPlus32 for a couple of years AFTER SawStudio had come out. It worked fine, but I finally noticed a few features that SS has that I could use. So, I bought SS Basic. Within a couple of days, I was wondering why I waited so long.

Ditto with SAW PRO. Really, you'll kick yourself for waiting so long when you eventually buy Basic :)