PDA

View Full Version : Creating multiple peak data files at the same time

DBenkert
02-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I am guessing this is a read the manul question and I did search it, but could not find the answer (not saying it's not there, I just didn't see it.)

I have just receveid a PT session and converted it using EDL Convert Pro. When I load it up, all the regions don't show the waveforms. I double-click one and it builds the peak data file (I think that's what it's doing.)

Is there a way to select multiple regions in the regions list and do something that will update them in a batch? I am just trying to avoid right-clicking each one or double-clicking each one.

Thanks for any insight!

DominicPerry
02-23-2006, 03:04 PM
I think that if you import a whole folder into the library it will do them all, one after another. You can stop it with esc.

UpTilDawn
02-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Seems to me that if you double-click one in the MT view (as opposed to the Regions view), then all the others build too................... I thought that happened for me once, but I could be completely wrong...:)

DBenkert
02-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys -

Opening a folder in the Library view doesn't refresh them and all the regions are already in the MT, just no waveform showing.

Also, when I click on one, it will update others if they point to the same source file, but, in this case, pretty much each region is pointing to a different .wav file.

DominicPerry
02-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I can only work out a 'cheat'. Start a fresh EDL, open all the sound files as a folder of wavs in Library view. Select all files in Library view (click on top, shift-click on bottom) and insert the whole lot to the MT. This will build all the peak data files. You can then throw away the new EDL and when you open the real, original EDL, all the peak data will be already built. There's probably a much better way of doing it, but I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Dominic

TotalSonic
02-23-2006, 05:32 PM
I think the most direct way would be to open the "File" view - select all files from the list - click on the blue triangle - and then select "ReFresh Selected Entries Peak Data Files"

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Mark Stebbeds
02-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I think the most direct way would be to open the "File" view - select all files from the list - click on the blue triangle - and then select "ReFresh Selected Entries Peak Data Files"

Show off!

UpTilDawn
02-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Also, when I click on one, it will update others if they point to the same source file, but, in this case, pretty much each region is pointing to a different .wav file.

You're right... and I remember now that you've refreshed my memory... only regions from the same source file are refreshed.....

Steve's way does it quick and easy.

DanT

Rail Jon Rogut
02-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Or use SS EDL Investigator ;)

Rail

Bob L
02-24-2006, 04:19 AM
That is what the File View is for... manipulation of the source audio files and path links in a batch type arrangement.

Again... a straight thru read of the helpfile or pdf manual can save everyone gobs of wasted time... it is an hour or two well spent and you will learn tons more than you ever thought to ask questions about. :)

Bob L

UpTilDawn
02-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Problem for me is that my photographic memory only works at resolutions approaching image quality of polaroid film. :)

DBenkert
02-24-2006, 07:11 AM
That's it! I knew I saw it somewhere. Thanks Steve.

I just did the same search on the helpfile I did yesterday and see that my problem was reading the "File View" menu info wrong. I kept going to the File Menu and not View File menu. Also, I was searching on peakdata and not peak data.