PDA

View Full Version : Question About Interface to PC

TGB
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
What is the most compatible PCI interface with drivers that will talk to Studio correctly with no latency issues. Is it Motu, RME, Sydec ECT.

and Bob, if you see this and hesitate to answer because of the concern of endorsement issues I understand but I would like to know your views on the subject, please email me direct. :confused:

Thank you!
Graham

UpTilDawn
02-23-2006, 09:54 PM
This is one of the frequent topics here on the Saw forum....

RME and the Mixtreme card (is that Sydec?) appear to be the most common choices.

DanT

Bill Park
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
RME and Lynx are my suggestions.

Bill

Bob L
02-24-2006, 04:22 AM
RME and the Sydec would be my choices... the drivers have been top notch.

The RME MME driver gets down to 2 x 64 stable on all my machines. The ASIO driver works well also.

The Sydec adds the capability to use my DWave native driver protocol directly.

Bob L

DBX160
02-24-2006, 07:24 AM
So Bob would you recommend one over the other for music production. (Band recording)

antiClick
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
For music production, I recommend you no sound card,
a pencil should be enought :D

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
Study your needs in a recording session, and learn both card specs. You are the only able to know it.

Bob L
02-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Your budget may be the deciding factor between the two... I believe the Sydec stuff can be more expensive... but will generally offer more flexibility and power... you should look at both options and see which fits best for your needs.

Bob L

Microstudio
02-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I use the Motu 2408 MK2 and it works GREAT...no probleam at all. You can pick up these units used on eBay for around 300.00 all day.

Bill Park
02-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I use the Motu 2408 MK2 and it works GREAT...no probleam at all. You can pick up these units used on eBay for around 300.00 all day.

And we think that you are one of the lucky ones.

Ask Frank Farrell. Or me. BSOD. MOTU could not help us. Claimed it wasn't their fault. But when I removed the MOTU and put in the RME, ALL of my computer problems dissappeared.

When the MOTU works, it works. But when it doesn't you are screwed, and there is no help out there.

Bill