PDA

View Full Version : who designed the new_end_oh1 shades?

trock
02-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I have been working on modifying this one some, i really like it and just wondered who did it??

ambler
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Yura designed it and called it Ensensor. canipus made a few modifications and renamed it New End OH.

Mark

trock
02-25-2006, 08:31 PM
thanks ambler!

canipus
02-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Yura designed it and called it Ensensor. canipus made a few modifications and renamed it New End OH.

Mark
It's based on Yura's design but the "few" modifications was actually several hundred edits and a few days work although to the untrained eye many of the edits are virtually unnoticeable at a first glance. Over half of the bitmaps outlines were tightened and the luminance of the lit buttons were balanced out across the panels. Also the registration of the buttons in lit and unlit modes were matched 100%. That is the most time consuming task of shade development and whether you realize it or not the button registration is what gives the shade its virtual reality impact against a real hardware console. It takes around 36 hours to fine tune any shade assuming that it hasn't already been done. The thing is that no one pair of eyes can do it all because a single pair of eyes become blind to the imperfections. It's a slow process of ironing everything out. The shades I am happiest with (and the ones I use for myself), are actually the ones that had the longest time spent on them.
The concept is to improve the quality of the individual bitmaps. The difference per object is minimal but when you put it all together the overall whole image/look is greater than the sum of the parts.

Ian Alexander
02-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Anybody seen anything from Yura lately?

canipus
02-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Anybody seen anything from Yura lately?
we corresponded by email a couple of weeks ago. He's been VERY busy on tight music deadlines for several months and doesn't have time to spend on the forum.

trock
02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey Canipus

thanks for that. the little dabbling i have done now i can not even imagine doing what all you guys do. i am happy with what i have done as a first go thru.

i didn;t even know this one existed and it became my fav, hmmm replacing the military shade, my other fav. you must design things i really like :)

i REALLY wish i could get the stuff i did to look as good as yours and yura's stuff, i basically modified the one track (input track) a little and i made the F mixer view all one color (the !/A, EQ etc) and almost dived out a window after just that.

i really like how you made the dark to lite parts on all this so it really has depth,

great shade!

thanks

Dave Labrecque
02-26-2006, 11:06 AM
we corresponded by email a couple of weeks ago. He's been VERY busy on tight music deadlines for several months and doesn't have time to spend on the forum.

Hey Canipus,

Are the new_end_oh1/2 shades still available? If so, from where?

Thanks.

trock
02-26-2006, 11:45 AM
dave the new_end_o1 i got from yuras or canipus's site just the other day. or i have it and could email it to you if you wanted.

Sam C
02-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Yep! The new end oh 2 has been on my screen for the 13 months I have had SAW!

Dave Labrecque
02-26-2006, 02:54 PM
dave the new_end_o1 i got from yuras or canipus's site just the other day. or i have it and could email it to you if you wanted.

Hey, thanks. Let's try and keep it simple. Could you post their websites' addresses?

Angie
02-26-2006, 03:37 PM
I believe these are on my site labeled Ensensor.

canipus
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, thanks. Let's try and keep it simple. Could you post their websites' addresses?
On Angie's download site, if you right click on some of the link labels called Ensensor and look at the bottom left corner of your Windows Explorer, you will see the REAL filename of the file hosted on the web server. In fact if you just hover your mouse over the link it will probably bring up the file name in the sreen corner or in the Explorer address box ; can never remember which it is.

Some of the files are Nu_End_Oh.... and those are the ones containing the mods I did on the original Yura file. The only difference between the NU_End_Oh and the ditto_Fdr versions is simply the different fader knobs

Dave Labrecque
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Angie and Canipus. :)

trock
02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
So canipus when is the new one going to be done!!??

i was using the military but now i am using my modified Ensensor.

i LOVE so much of this and the NEW_en ones.

can't wait to see them

canipus
02-27-2006, 11:02 PM
no plans currently to do any more shades. I just don't have the time at the moment.

trock
02-28-2006, 06:41 AM
sorry i meant the one you tweaked and yura is going over?