PDA

View Full Version : SAWStudio silent install switch?

DJ Synchro
03-01-2006, 01:08 PM
I have a question for Bob:

I'm making an unattended Windows XP install DVD wich installs a lot of applications silently. Is there a switch command to install SAWStudio silently? (like the /silent command I used for a few applications) I tried a few switches, but none of them worked :(

olzzon
03-01-2006, 01:38 PM
Saw is not installed as other programs, it´s not messing up any registry settings or anything.
So you can just install it on a computer and take the Folder where it is and copy that to the DVD. If it has to be done automaticly, make a little batchfile that does it for you.

DJ Synchro
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Cool,

I didn't knew that. Well that means it's gonna be a peace a cake!
Thnx!!!

Saw is not installed as other programs, it´s not messing up any registry settings or anything.
So you can just install it on a computer and take the Folder where it is and copy that to the DVD. If it has to be done automaticly, make a little batchfile that does it for you.

Carl G.
03-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Cool,

I didn't knew that. Well that means it's gonna be a peace a cake!
Thnx!!!
Just realize that you may have 3rd party pluggins that you use in SS that will need to be installed via windows (with registry hooks).... and you may choose to locate them inside the SawStudio directory. My advice is to have a backup "Program Masters" directory in which you put all registered copies of the audio software programs you have.... PLUS keep a backup of the SS directories.
That way you have all the original files that created your 'studio'...
and all config files that you created when they were in Studio!

bcorkery
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
have a backup "Program Masters" directory in which you put all registered copies of the audio software programs you have.... PLUS keep a backup of the SS directories.Piece of cake getting smaller?

Bob L
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
No silent switches... but you can easily make a generic install on any machine and copy the folder... of course starting preferences may be trouble if the machines you end up on are quite different in hardware configuration... especially as far as soundcard drivers and such.

I would suggest simply doing a fresh install on each new machine... it would take about 10 - 15 seconds usually. :)

Bob L