PDA

View Full Version : tempo map creation ???

mikebuzz
03-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Ok I'm brain dead here !!!!

I have tracks recorded ( drums ) and want to check the tempo consistancy using the tempo map function , I select 4 beats ( highlighted ) then set tempo to selection , then I try to create a tempo map from the selection ???

It never lands on the beats WTH am I doing wrong

Thanks
Brain dead BUZZ
:eek:
A laymans description would be greaT

mikebuzz
03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Ok I think I got it I wasnt setting a ZERO point first DUHHHHHHHHH

LAter:confused:
Buzz

Bob L
03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Good... you might also want to try the Midi WorkShop Measure Map feature... it allows you to easily map the measure boundaries which automatically adjusts the tempo to fit between each mapped point... you can then add midi data and quantize perfectly to the live performance... or if you start with a midi p[erformance that is not on-time to a click track... you can then average the performance without quantizing and bring it back into perfect time without quantizing, thereby keeping the nuances of the human performance.

It's pretty fun.

I do have a quick update on the way that fixes a bug discovered in the mapping feature under certain situations... so you might want to experiment with that as soon as the update is released.

Bob L

mikebuzz
03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Thanks Bob

LAter
Buzz

Dave Labrecque
03-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I do have a quick update on the way that fixes a bug discovered in the mapping feature under certain situations... so you might want to experiment with that as soon as the update is released.

Yes, you may want to wait for the update. While Bob finds the bug happening under certain conditions, I can't get away from it. :eek: It literally happens whenever I try more than two or three manual measure mappings. YMMV. And I hope it does. In a good way. :)