PDA

View Full Version : Latest Manual update?

DBenkert
03-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, do I know how to party or what? :)

I am getting ready to go on a scuba trip to Mexico and thought I would bring the manual with me for some "light" reading material.

The date on it is May 27, 2005. Is this the latest version? I figured I would print that and then print the latest release notes.

Should be a good time.

Pedro Itriago
03-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Mmmmmm, scuba trip to Mexico, how sweet. Cozumel, I presume?

DBenkert
03-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I will try the PDF thing on my Pocket PC - I think I tried that last time - too small and I wanted highlight some things.

I was actually wondering if this is the latest version of the manual.

Pedre - close! Just across from Cozumel in Puerta Aventuras. We really like a local dive shop there so we're going back and diving some Cenotes as well :)

Bob L
03-10-2006, 12:14 PM
The helpfile in each update has the latest information... I don't know if Jeanne is re-doing a new pdf manual each time... I will find out.

The latest release notes give a quick explanation of all new features added since the last release and makes quite a comprehensive look into the changes from version to version.

In most cases, this similar information is what gets wedged into the helpfile and manual in the proper reference areas.

Bob L

Pedro Itriago
03-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Cenotes, great!!!!

I hear you about acrobat's pda version. I downloaded the latest one some time ago (2.0, so maybe there even a newer one) and it handled document sizing & zooming better than the first version. Althoug I don't remember about them getting in the ability to highlite parts of text.

I just checked and does not highlite but it does have the text selection tool, in case you want to copy any text to word or note. I really like the ability to flip pages using the pda's navigation buttons, regardless of the zoom factor.

johndale
03-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Is there any place all the update release notes are grouped together? So I could just print, instead of hunting.
Thanks, John

Pedro Itriago
03-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Go here http://www.sawstudio.com/LatestReleaseNotes.htm

You'll see from 3.9d thru m. Before that? Internet Time Machine, I guess

DBenkert
03-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Pedro,

Just wanted to apologize for mis-spelling your name above. I actually mis-spelled it first and changed it to THIS. Oye! Anyway, sorry about that :)

Bob L
03-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Just open the Latest Release Notes from the Info menu in the latest version of SAWStudio... the document goes all the way back to the beginning.

Bob L

johndale
03-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Thanks Bob, that will work.
John

Angie
03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Just across from Cozumel in Puerta Aventuras. We really like a local dive shop there so we're going back and diving some Cenotes as well :)

Well, you are going at the right time. Hurricane season is supposed to be another bad one this year. And Chris won't be getting me back there too soon. We spent our honeymoon with "Wilma".

http://www.avocadoproductions.com/Wilma.htm

It would be interesting to see what the jungle looks like today.

DBenkert
03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Angie,

Yeah, we were scheduled to go last November as well. That was Wilma I think, correct? We postponed until this coming week.

Glad you made it out of there safe!