PDA

View Full Version : Automated pans?

Oz Nimbus
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Ok, dumb question:

I've been using this program for 2 years, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do an automated pan. I mean I can draw pan automation, but how do I get the something similar to the F function?

Case in point: For volume fades, I set my hi & low points, hit "F" and Saw does the rest. This is a fabulous feature. I use it all the time & it takes a lot of grief out of the process.

How can I do this with pans? the "F" button doesn't seem to want to work in this respect. I'm sure I missed this somewhere, so any help would be appreciated!

-0z-

Sean McCoy
03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
For all automation editing other than volume, you need to first move your cursor to an entry of the type you want to automate, then hit the "V" key to specify that type of automation. All other types of entries will disappear, and you can now operate on just what you want, including using the "F" key to create sweeps between entries. Hit the "V" key again when you want to return to normal mode.

Oz Nimbus
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks, that was it. Suddenly, my pans are so much smoother!

Les Woollam
03-12-2006, 11:16 AM
. . . or instead of the V key, select the type of automation you want to work-on from the menu (right click on the Aut button), then hit the F key.

mako
03-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks Oz and Sean.

Another one for "Notepad" - :)

cheers

mako

Jay Q
03-13-2006, 06:29 AM
Oz, remember you can also change the slope of the pan to get very smooth results. Select two pan automation marks, then hit Shift+/ (Shift key and forward slash key) to have the slope automatically calculated.

Jay

Ian Alexander
03-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks, that was it. Suddenly, my pans are so much smoother!
You could also try a steam iron.:cool:

Oz Nimbus
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Oz, remember you can also change the slope of the pan to get very smooth results. Select two pan automation marks, then hit Shift+/ (Shift key and forward slash key) to have the slope automatically calculated.

Jay
Do I have to have the area hilighted?

-0z-

Bob L
03-13-2006, 08:04 PM
The slope change command "/" does work on marked automation areas.

Bob L

Oz Nimbus
03-14-2006, 06:45 PM
You guys forgot to mention the "/" on the NUMBER PAD!!!!!!!!!

I kept hitting the other one... "Why the **** is this not working!???"
No worries, I finally figured it out. I've been suffering a lack of sleep this week.

-0z-

Marvin
03-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Oz, you might wanna check this link out... in case you need to replace the "/" you kept hitting first... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOSHIBA-LAPTOP-Keyboard-Replacement-Keys-4600-A60-A75_W0QQitemZ6852944106QQcategoryZ31568QQcmdZViewI tem