PDA

View Full Version : Asio4All

Kent F
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
I've got a Firepod hooked up to my laptop (1.7/512/XPpro/Lacie External HD). Last year I did a remote recording flawlessly with the two using the Asio4All driver.

Now, I can't get it to work. It's been so long since I used that particular setup that I can't remember if the Asio4All can be configured inside Studio using the Asio Driver Setup dialogue. If it can be, I am not able to get it to work now. I can make changes to the Asio4All settings offline, but not in Studio... and I'm not hearing any changes.

The audio is glitching no matter what I do and what settings I change... including drivers... WDM or Asio4All (Firepod's Native Asio driver doesn't get along with Studio).

Anyone successfully using the Asio4All protocol in Studio? Can you remind me of how to get things working here? I have had much better performance.

Thanks

Kent

Chuskey
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't know about asioforall, but I had a firebox and it woudn't work without glitches as long as I had my wireless networking turned on. That might be something to check. Once I turnd that off it worked like a charm.

Kent F
03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
That was it! Guess when I re-installed the OS and notebook drivers, wireless networking must be enabled by default. Thanks for the help. I can start putting my hair back in now.

Still wondering if we should be able to see the Asio4All driver setup inside Studio or if we can only use it in offline mode. Anyone?

Kent

Bob L
03-25-2006, 01:28 AM
I just tried it and had no trouble popping up the ASIO4All setup panel from inside SAWStudio... first select the ASIO driver model and the ASIO4All card... then go back and select the Asio Driver Setup from the SS Driver Model menu... works fine here.

Bob L