PDA

View Full Version : Billing Made Easy

Carl G.
03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I just discovered new uses for a separate EDL Undo Directory!
A perfect log of latest revisions to project/time involved for Billing!
Thanks Bob!

Tim Miskimon
03-25-2006, 04:59 PM
I just discovered new uses for a separate EDL Undo Directory!
A perfect log of latest revisions to project/time involved for Billing!
Thanks Bob!
Wow Carl - could you explain in more detail what & how your doing it?

spiritman
03-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Smart thinking Carl.....

Carl G.
03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Wow Carl - could you explain in more detail what & how your doing it?
Tim,
During heavy "I need it yesterday" production, or when getting so 'into' a creative session you forget to do the billing file first...it's nice to have a place that all sessions get logged automatically. ALL SAWStudio project activity, no matter what the project, is LOGGED IN ONE PLACE (automatically - complete with directory names of EDLs!) It's an EASY reference to go back to a project file to fill in the details too.

So... by delegating in SawStudio a directory for UndoFiles, I simply refer to that file to make sure I didn't forget to bill for something amidst lots of projects in a week (or other things that busy the week). It can also help me make a more complete/fair bill for time involved (noting either more or less session activity than remembered).

studio-c
03-27-2006, 01:41 AM
Sometimes we lose track of the time when we start and/or finish a project. More than once I have gone into the folder and looked at the first and last edl 'date created' or 'date modified' and filled in the gaps on our billing sheets.

Some times you're just having so much fun, time just escapes you. :)

Sean McCoy
03-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Same here. On many occasions the EDL and UDO files have been my only link to actual time spent on a particular project.

Dave Labrecque
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Anyone have any experience with the 'created' and 'modified' dates seeming to switch roles? Sometimes I see that and can't figure out what's going on. :(

studio-c
03-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Anyone have any experience with the 'created' and 'modified' dates seeming to switch roles? Sometimes I see that and can't figure out what's going on. :(
I usually just figure the file was created BEFORE it was modified. But yes, I've seen that too. Weird.