PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! A how to ?? Good lord!!

Griff
04-05-2006, 09:18 AM
OK, I was going to try this out in a session today. However, I'm as lost as a goose on this thing.

I'm usinga tascam 1082 control surface via firewire. How do I get sound routed out of SS through the 1802? Second, how do I get it routed in????

Sorry for my ignorance... :)

Bob L
04-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Read the Understanding the virtual console section of the helpfile... you control routing with the individual input chan assign buttons and also the Return and Output assign buttons... very simple and very powerful... the output chans control whether faders are used as sub group faders or as direct hardware out faders....

You really want to simply route everything to one stereo mix bus most likely and use the power of the virtual console and SS mix engine... you can route to multiple outs and attempt to mix from the Tascam mixer, but that is quite a few steps backward compared to the SS virtual concept... of course in my opinion. :)

Bob L

Naturally Digital
04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm usinga tascam 1082 control surface via firewire. How do I get sound routed out of SS through the 1802? Second, how do I get it routed in????Start by reading the helpfile sections "First things first" and "Ready to Record"...

If you've already done that and you can't see the 1082 in the device list then something's wacky with your installation etc.

Griff
04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
reading now.... thanks

Griff
04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Start by reading the helpfile sections "First things first" and "Ready to Record"...

If you've already done that and you can't see the 1082 in the device list then something's wacky with your installation etc.

It's listed...

Keep getting this "no active outs" or something like that. I'll read some more under the "understanding"... seems I am going to need a lot of that..

Bob L
04-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Griff,

Go to the Audio Devices Setup option of the Opions menu and make sure to add all your audio devices down the wave out list... then use the In/Out zone at the top to switch to inputs and add those also... many people forget about the inputs. This dialog is a very powerful way to allow you an incredible freedom of device assignments, but it is not automatic like most apps... I find much more versatility in keeping many things manual.

If you select the ASIO driver mode... then all will be automatically assigned until you alter them.

If you boot the program and simply assign some devices and leave the program defaults alone... then you can instantly start adding tracks to the MT and press play to route a virtual mix out to the first device as a stereo mix bus... very simple.

Bob L