PDA

View Full Version : Drum tracks in SAW

mikebuzz
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
I was just fooling around in Saw, I had purchased Kenny Gioia's live drum cd's we've had a hell of a time finding a drummer in Paso Robles Ca. ( cow town !! ) so I've been laying songs to a click or Alesis drum machine AHHHHHHHHHHHH sucks .

But anyhow I just setup the tempo and mapping and turned on the grid and WALA real drum machine !!!! working with it should produce some nice results

Just thought some of you would like to know
LAter
Buzz
:p

DominicPerry
04-08-2006, 05:19 AM
I'd like to know. Were you using MWS? Or just importing loops? I have two drum kits (a Roland TD6 and a Pearl) but as I can't play the first it came as no surprise that I couldn't play the second. So I need to lay some grooves and it's proving hard with an Alesis SR16. What do you do with this?

Dominic

Kimbo
04-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Mike did you Record Kenny goias live drumcd into Saw and does he state what tempo is on the disc? How is the CD?

mikebuzz
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I do have the Engioia cd's but I just used the single hits to form my own grooves based on the tempo mapping and tempo features , I also have an SR16 ( with 80's sounds !!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH )

No MWS needed just set the tempo and grid to 16th or 32nd notes and paste the hits in there using the library function ( very much like programming the SR16 !! ) Better samples would also help his sounds are limited but well recorded

I just copied the cd into my HD and did it from there , However the timing is dead nuts on !! too much so in fact

Bob is there a trick to give it some swing ???? or feel like variable timing or ?? ( your the master cough it up BUD !!! ) just kidding :D

Later
Buzz

Bob L
04-08-2006, 10:56 AM
No built-in humanizing function on the MT timeline and grid... but its so easy to turn the grid OFF after everything is in place and work your way down the timeline with the zoom way in and grab and move each or certain regions slightly forward or backward if you don't want the perfect grid timing.

The MWS will have some humanizing or swing type quantizing functions hopefully in a soon to come update.

Bob L

mikebuzz
04-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I didnt think it did have it but ??? WTH cant hurt to ask , BTW when I open a soundfile what is the key strokes to copy it into the mt ??? I tried everything I could think of and did it by mistake !!!

Later
Buzz

shift rt clk/lt clk ??
BTW I am opening the hit/soundfile and I'm changing the length ( they are too long ) so I highlight the section I want and need to copy that section ? )

Got it ALT LT/CLK , I was thinking along the lines of COPY function sht lt/clk-rt/clk

Microstudio
04-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I didnt think it did have it but ??? WTH cant hurt to ask , BTW when I open a soundfile what is the key strokes to copy it into the mt ??? I tried everything I could think of and did it by mistake !!!

Later
Buzz

shift rt clk/lt clk ??
BTW I am opening the hit/soundfile and I'm changing the length ( they are too long ) so I highlight the section I want and need to copy that section ? )

Got it ALT LT/CLK , I was thinking along the lines of COPY function sht lt/clk-rt/clk

When you have something open in the SF you just select it - hold down the ALT key & left click, then let go and mouse up into the MT were you want it. You can also select what you want then press the N-key and make a new region.

OOPS..I don't did not see that.....