PDA

View Full Version : altiverb won't recognize my impulse responses

dougcross
04-23-2006, 09:24 AM
i've started using altiverb 4 with protools 7 LE
i've loaded in some response files but they appear greyed out when i go to select them within the RTAS altiverb plug.

other postings (around 5 years ago) have talked about converting from WAV to SDII or even AIFF... i've tried it all with no good results.

any thoughts?

TotalSonic
04-23-2006, 10:09 AM
i've started using altiverb 4 with protools 7 LE
i've loaded in some response files but they appear greyed out when i go to select them within the RTAS altiverb plug.

other postings (around 5 years ago) have talked about converting from WAV to SDII or even AIFF... i've tried it all with no good results.

any thoughts?

Altiverb uses a proprietary format for their impulse responses - which is why Altiverb's ir's can't be loaded into non-proprietary convolution software like Pristine Space or SIR.

afaik - You need to use their "IR Pre-processor Application" to convert your aiff's to ir's that Altiverb can read.

Links to pdf's giving details on how to create your own ir's for Altiverb are at
http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Altiverb/sampling/PreProcessor.html

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Pedro Itriago
04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
This goes to show you what a bunch of bad people are around the froum. We even support PT :eek:

TotalSonic
04-23-2006, 10:28 AM
This goes to show you what a bunch of bad people are around the froum. We even support PT :eek:

Hee hee - actually the other cellist in my group and an engineer who we hire to do the tracking on a lot of the sessions for our upcoming CD both have Digital Performer - for which Altiverb is really the one convolution alternative - and Altiverb actually comes with some pretty cool i.r.'s which I was frustrated to find can't be loaded into SIR.

Best regards,
Steve Berson