PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using DFHS?

Sam C
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Do you like it?

Thanks!

johndale
05-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Sam I use Battery, have for 5 years. Since it was released. But considering I play everything but drums, I'm always looking for a better way. The verdict seems to be it is not worth the money. DFHS has caused a lot of complaints in the Sonar world on various issues. From what I've heard, I would not recomend it. You should go over the Sonar forum, do a search. I know there are quite a few threads on DFHS. Check it out. Get Battery, you'll never regret it. It is a mature softsynth, works great in SAW with MWS.
John

Sam C
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks johndale!!

mikebuzz
05-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Man I've tried all kinds of things but REAL DRUM are the real thing ( Had to find a real drummer tho ???? ) a hard trial but worth it in the end IMO

LAter
Buzz
:eek:

trock
05-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Sam

I use Drums on Demand, i am a former drummer and drums always drove me crazy cause i could never get the sound in my head on tape with machines or even old loops.

however drums on demand is amazing. it is loops, however in a totally new way, real drums, real drummers recorded in a real studio and then spliced up into parts for a song. verse's, chorus's, fills, intros, single hits etc etc etc

i use ACID to assemble them into my song, render them as a WAV file and just import into SAW. it literally takes me 5 minutes for the most part to assemble a working pattern and then maybe 30 minututes to tweak a final product.

on my website are songs i have done with them, and these songs were done when i first got them. now i rip this stuff together like no tomorrow

there is no opening a VST and no CPU hit etc.

they cost 79 bucks for a DVD full of loops and they even have multi track versions if you want those. mine were done as 1 stereo WAV.

when i import them into SAW i literally patch the SAW echo/delay onto the track, set to CROSS fade, take the right channel to 0, and the left i turn up full and set to 23 MS. brings the snare hit and kick out even further. i never have to add reverb or anything else unless i want to.

the company is also a small company and very responsive with their own forum etc, great support and feedback. they are worth checking out.

www.drumsondemand.com

my site

www.artistsndreamers.com

good luck

Sam C
05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
trock, i think i might have been one of the people to recommend Acid and Don Demand to you!!:D :D

I was just curious about DFHS. not that i need it. I use mostly BFD now.

Mike, yeah, a real drummer would be nice!

trock
05-03-2006, 01:01 PM
WAS THAT YOU!!??

i almost added to my post that someone here told me about them but i had forgotten who!!

well brother they work really well for me!

thanks for helping me out even though i totally didn;t help you on your question!

man i SUCK!:D

Sam C
05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
man i SUCK!

Actually I was flattered that you took my advice!! Even better that it worked out. I like Acid and I have tons of loops. But I have been using BFD lately and I know DFHS samples work in BFD. I doubt I'll buy them, I've got enough samples!

Oz Nimbus
05-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Using DFHS on a transcontinental project right now. The drummer is in Europe, the band is in Canada.... works pretty well, IMHO.

trock
05-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Sam are you still using the DOD stuff?? they just put out a new CD with dry loops that are killer, and they are packaging them better, in that there seem to be more parts per folder to put a song together with

great stuff

i even submitted one of my songs to a REALLY well know person in the industry and while the thought some of the song wasn't up to snuff he LOVED the drums and raved about Kenny Arnoff as a comparison.

crazy

Sam C
05-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Maybe I should check the new D O D out! They seem to be taking the lead in drum loops. I thought Reel Drums or Discrete Drums would. Reel Drums has one set only and Discrete Drums seems to be asleep!

I'll check them out!

Thanks

Bruce Callaway
05-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I have been a DOD user for a couple of years and they are very good. I recently purchased 6 CDs of Drum Werk and they do not match the sound and playing standard of DOD. I hardly use them. I must check out the new DOD disks.