PDA

View Full Version : exploded mixer questions

Dingo
08-08-2004, 02:09 PM
1. How do I get it to attach to the side of the MT?
2. How do I move it? It's slightly off kilter and it's making me CRAZY!!! I need to move it but I can't figure out how. HELP!!
Thanks,
Dave

Bob L
08-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Watch my demo videos... use my default F-Keys to get things started, before modifying everything.

The Exploded mixer view was designed to latch to the MT or float over its own channel in the Full Mixer.

If the left edge of the MT is pulled over to the right (as in my F-Key defaults), then double-clicking the hot zones on the left edge of the MT will popup and latch the E Mixer to the left side of the MT... leave room for it... if there is not room, it will overlap the MT edge to make room for itself.

If it is latched in this manner, you can keep it active and jump all over the place, and it will chase the current track or mixer channel you select.

If there is room on the left of the MT, it can sit comfortably without overlapping anything, giving you instant access to all controls for any specific track or channel.

If you close it and save an F-Key, it will close whenever this F-Key is used... if you have it opened and latched when you save an F-Key, it will always open and latch when this F-Key is used... therefore you can choose which F-Key workspaces have the E Mixer visible and which don't... very powerful.

If you double-click any of the Full Mixer Hot zones, the E mixer will popup (or move) to center itself over that mixer channel at the current zone offset. This is designed for a quick adjustment, and then a quick close with a right-click or the close button.

All of these facts are covered in the helpfile and manual... a little time spent in either, or with the online tutorials can go a long way in helping you understand how to enjoy the power of the interface design.

Good Luck,

Bob L

Dingo
08-08-2004, 06:38 PM
got it. thanks.