PDA

View Full Version : New Posts

Carl G.
05-11-2006, 06:12 AM
I just noticed the "New Posts" selection on the horizontal menu.
Very very nice!

Pedro Itriago
05-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Understatement of the day: that took you a while, huh?

I just can't see myself going thru the forum NOT using that, it's plain hell

Dave Labrecque
05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I just noticed the "New Posts" selection on the horizontal menu.
Very very nice!

Anyone know what it means? I thought the bold threads had new posts, but it showed me three threads, only one of which was bold. :confused:

Bob L
05-11-2006, 07:37 PM
You may find it much easier to keep up, as I do, by simply never logging off directly.

You connect and all threads listed at the top in bold will contain new posts... click the little arrow next to that thread to jump directly to the first new post in that thread.

When I am done all threads that are bold... I use the Quick Links Mark All Threads read option... this immediately updates my account to this exact last message read.

Then I just close the browser... If I come back on within minutes or hours... all new message posts are properly bolded and in this way, you can keep up with all messages in all threads very easily.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Excellent. That 'mark all threads read' feature is what I need. I come back and the threads I just read are re-bolded! Unless it's been a while. Tough to predict. But this should take care of that... :)

Bob L
05-11-2006, 11:03 PM
There is a timeout that automatically marks the threads read after a certain time... if you come back before that timeout, the threads are still bold... if you use the Mark All Read option before you leave... you can turn around and come right back and everything will be up to the moment accurate.

Bob L

UpTilDawn
05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Not only that, but threads that you have never read before are very bold, while threads that have new posts added since you last read them are slightly bold and threads that have not beed added to are normal text thickness.

DanT

Pedro Itriago
05-12-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't know why, but this thread has made me dizzy