PDA

View Full Version : MWS Helpfile typo

Dave Labrecque
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Bob,

I just noticed that in the "File Menu" page of the help file, it says...

"F-Key File Link to SAW F-Keys

This option links the Midi WorkShop workspaces to the SAWStudio F-Key workspaces.

F-Key File Link to SAW Alt-F-Keys

This option links the Midi WorkShop workspaces to the SAWStudio F-Key workspaces." (emphasis added)

I think that bold one should read "...Alt-F-Key..."

For anyone who gets as confused as me trying to set up MWS F-key views to work with SAW's F-keys -- it just got a little easier. ;)

Bob L
05-11-2006, 07:27 PM
The Getting Started Main Midi Workshop Window section has it correct... I will note the fix for the File Reference section.

If you follow the steps to link the two program F-Keys, step by step... it will enhance your MWS experience tremendously.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
05-11-2006, 07:30 PM
The Getting Started Main Midi Workshop Window section has it correct... I will note the fix for the File Reference section.

If you follow the steps to link the two program F-Keys, step by step... it will enhance your MWS experience tremendously.

Bob L
I just went through it and I think I have it working. But it looks like the ctrl-F-keys take on the alt-F-key settings by default. Is that right? Why do they do that? I thought for sure they had a purpose of their own. :confused:

Bob L
05-11-2006, 07:33 PM
The Ctrl F-keys are still assigned directly to the MWS. The link to SAW Fkeys or Alt-Fkeys is an extra bonus to work both program environments together.

I would recommend you follow the Alt Fkey setup step by step to unserstand how it all works... then modify to suit your work style.

Bob L