PDA

View Full Version : 'nother MWS thing...

Dave Labrecque
05-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Bob,

If I select a note and try to drag it to a note position that's off the currently-displayed track (ctrl-drag), I'd expect the track to vertically scroll until I stop pusing on the track border, where then I'd drop the note in place.

First thing is that the note often drops in a different spot than I try to drop it, graphically. No big thing, just a little disconcerting when trying to get around efficiently.

But the second is more problematic. If I select all the notes in my MWS-created click track and try to ctrl-drag them down to a point "below" the current lowest-displayed note position on the track, the scroll seems to happen, but then I can't drop them anywhere. SAW becomes non-responsive and I have to end task and restart it to keep working.

Can you duplicate? I'm selecting the notes by entering select mode (click on select light), clicking on the first note and hitting ctrl-end. Then I ctrl-drag the first note downward till the pointer crosses the track's lower border. SAW freezes, though the pointer is still mobile.

Bob L
05-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Dave,

Whenever a note is dragged across track boundaries, the note is first dropped to its same original note value on the new track. Then you can drag it up or down to a new position.

I just tried dragging a whole bunch of selected notes across a track boundary and the tracks scroll and I can go up or down from track to track and then drop on the new track.

Bob L