PDA

View Full Version : Got the demo? Here's some sound to play with

studio-c
05-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Sometimes when you've got the SAWStudio demo, the hardest part is getting some sounds to put in there so you can take the thing for a spin. Here is another mini-project to play with.

It's a radio spot for a TV news program, for a segment about emergency rooms. Has a couple music bits, soundbites, and an announcer. Pretty straightforward stuff.

I also used the dsp/fx aural exciter on the announcer soundbite tracks, as well as the dsp/fx stereo widener plugin. There was also a de-esser on the announcer, which you may be able to fake using the limiters. There are posts about it here somewhere. So they'll be missing from your SAWStudio. You can download the free demos though at dspfx.com.

Of course, everything I do goes through the Levelizer to normalize it for radio. You always want your spots louder than everyone else's :)

I also have the Sonoris Meter on the master channel. So any broken links in your edl will be because of the plugins not being there. It'll still work though.

The download is about 18 megs. It's a zip file at:
http://www.noisepipe.com/sawstudio052306/

Hope these are fun for our new demo friends. :)

Cheers,
Scott

Veit Kenner
05-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Hope these are fun for our new demo friends. :)
Hi Scott,

thanks for the insight and thanks for providing the project. Even as a SAW user I find it interesting to look over your shoulder. Maybe because I never was able to look inside an american production?

BTW, the project opened without a problem except, of course, for the messages about the missing plugins :-)

Veit

studio-c
05-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I love the idea of being able to look into the way other people work, which is why I like Bob's videos so much. Everyone has adopted their own slightly different way of doing things, it's very cool to see.