PDA

View Full Version : OT Nero File Names

bcorkery
06-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Since I updated Nero to version 6.63125 (quite a while ago) the track titles are truncated to the last part of the actual file names, sometimes to just a digit or two! I've looked on the site and checked the preferences and help files to no avail. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a way to get the whole file name in the track title area?

Thanks,
Bill

UpTilDawn
06-07-2006, 02:53 PM
The only way I know of is tokeepeverythingalltogetherinonebigstring...... like this. Any spaces, underscores, dashes.... gives you the end result you are seeing........ BIG PITA..... and Nero wasn't any help when I asked 'em about it either.
Nor were they any help when I complained that their nra files (like the edls in Saw) were useless if moved from where they were originally created. They told me there was nothing that could be done about it, which makes them unusable as an archive device when backing up to another drive, or anywhere other than the exact place they were originally stored.

DanT

bcorkery
06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks Dan.

As far as archiving ... What I like to do is use Rail's EDL Investigator to save or pack the session to another folder. If you use a loop or sfx library, Rail's program will collect all the associated files into one folder. Then you can burn the whole thing to CD. To open the archive, copy the folder back to the same drive and everything will be in place for the edl to access. If you open it in a different folder or drive, direct SAW to look in the session folder and it will open right up.

- Bill

UpTilDawn
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
My backups of Saw work fine. It's the fact that I can't save a Nero cd burn file with the associated wav files and archive that because once I move it, for any reason, it's no good as an archive..... unless I can somehow replace it to the exact drive/folder path it was originally saved.

I guess I'm spoiled by apps like Saw that make it a simple thing to archive complete sessions and reopen them simply by reassociating the file location.

It would be equally convenient to be able to open a Nero burn session a year later and call up the exact song order and just hit BURN and be done with it. Of course, there's CSG.... and that's fine for Saw, but sometimes I'm just trying to archive any set of files burned to disc using Nero.

I've even tried opening the nra file as a text file and editing the file paths, but simply opening the file as a text file destroys it and Nero won't recognize it anymore. I suppose it's because of the encrypted stuff in the file, but it's terribly useless as a way to archive a Nero burn session.

DanT

bcorkery
06-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Dan,

I'll mention Rail's EDL investigator again. If it's a SAW archive, use the session mover to redirect the files from the CD to the new directory. It'll rapath everything and the edl will open right up.

As far as editing the nra file, I don't have any suggestions. Maybe someone will pipe up with some thoughts on the matter.